Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota Tundra earns highest frontal crash test score from IIHS

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:28 AM
FLYBOY07
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leave it to the newbie to come down here and make himself sound ignorant.. Hey guys ii nominate 05sddiesel as leader of the "Incoherent" posters. I mean the post will still be ignorant But ATLEAST we can understand them..

just because your not bright enough to have a positive contribution to a thread does not give you the right to bash Numberdummy. Maybe if you would read his post instead of skimming you might learn something also. there are alot of us here myself included that appreciate and learn something nearly everyday.. and atleast he knows what he talking about ( which seems to be a rare around here) and can give you evidence to back and up. how bout your buddy 93ranger ( who btw I will NEVER read another post from again) what does he have to say but useless nonsense that NOBODY can even understand and i cannot think of one occasion where he actually knew what he was talking about. Dude you need to grow up and show some respect for your elders.

The point that you and a few others seem to be missing that Number and DOHC CONTINUALLY point out is that FORD is falling behind. Granted i love my FORD trucks i own 2 at the moment. both are great and i wouldn't trade them for the world. I will always own a ford truck but ford really needs to step it up. Personally i could care less how much power torque brakes etc.my truck has. all 3 of them did more than i asked them to. but to some people it does matter and it is causing ford to loose ground.. ford has so many things going wrong its not even funny.. weren't you paying attention they lost 13 billion last year. Ford needs to wake up before its too late and if you would take off the damn blue blinders you might be able to see that too.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:38 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 05SDDiesel
I already know my history. And no one cares for a history lesson; if people cared so much to learn about auto history than they can surf the web and look it up. How many people want to read about "back in 1941, they didn't have FM radios in cars or Ipods" Dude, no one cares. Or if ford sold 13,304 king ranches instead of 13,303 And history has nothing to do with you flaming others because they use the term big 3. When someone uses the term gay as in happy, your going to correct them and say, no it means homo?
The majority of readers have alot of respect for Bill and DOHC seeing they post information pretaining to the topics at hand. What is wrong with learning alittle history? It's called expanding your mind with open mindedness, try it sometimes, you might make a friend here.

The propaganda twins have yet to force anyone to buy and Tundra or Titan or anything else besides a Ford. Seeing this is the "Ford vs Competition" part of the forum we and many others are just stating the obvious. I'm going to particularly emphasize the "trolls not tolerated" part of the heading because according to you 95 posts so far, all fingers are pointing that way. If you can't deal with it in here, may I suggest cryingtowel.com.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:02 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i remember a few months back when the new tundra came out, there were a few threads that died off quickly, because it seems they werent selling, and people were dismissing them.

well they are selling, and are doing well in ratings, and this turned into a huge thread, lol.

well sit back this year watch some figures grow and some figures drop, and see how the big-what ever is left, respondes.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:18 AM
chaparro
Senior User
Originally Posted by NumberDummy
This post is impossible to interpret or translate.

I nominate it for the NUMBER ONE confusing post of the Millenium.

Do not worry I'll pray for the next 2 weeks, so that the lord gives me the interpretation.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:45 AM
chaparro
Senior User
I been loyal and love fords. Lately felt dissapointed because toyotas superiority in their new trucks over ford.What I like from DOHC is the way he expreses the truth about fords lack of improvment. I hope ford wakes up and improves their 1/2 tons to compete well. In my opinion the design, configurations and options are perfect, but engines, tranny and brakes need some work. I'm confused, did ford made changes to increase the towing ratings when new chevy and toyotas surpase fords capacity?

Old 05-10-2007, 09:28 AM
osbornk
Postmaster
I think we need to look at the lack of immediate changes to the Ford objectively. Ford is in the middle of a model cycle and GM and Toyota are at the beginning of one. Both GM and Toyota sold outdated trucks for at least 3 years after the Ford was redesigned and their fans complained about it. GM rushed their new truck out before their updated powertrains were developed to beat Toyota so they still have a 4 speed transmission and only tweaked carryover engines. Toyota is the one that did a complete makeover but their Tundra was very long in tooth and was very similar to the T-100 that was introduced in 1993 (they basically changed the front suspension and added a V8). I had a T-100 when I test drove a 2004 Tundra and I could hardly tell the difference except for the engine.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the 04 tundra and the new one is a complete makeover, you wouldnt notice any similarities between a new one and an 04 tundra, nor a t-100.