1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this picture get your blood boiling?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2000, 10:43 PM
shadetree351
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 18-Mar-01 AT 05:02 PM (EST) by webmaster (admin)[/font][p]Check out this picture:
http://xxxxxx.xxxxx.xxx/group/ecbr/files/Shadetree%20351/bronco_SD.jpg
This is a computer altered picture of a 2000 Excursion. If this gets your blood boiling like it does mine, then send me a post to shadetree351@home.com or respond to this message board and let me know that you think Ford should bring back the Bronco. Also tell me how you think it should be equipped. I've already forwarded over 230 messages to Ford, straight to one of their 4X4 Super Duty platform engineers. He wants the Bronco to come back, but he needs our help. He needs lots and lots of messages from the public requesting that Ford do this. Be sure to keep your equipment list in terms of what Ford is currently using, not what it used in the past. For instance, ask for a 5.4L engine, not a 5.8L one.

Old 12-26-2000, 04:42 PM
captbo
Junior User

You hit the nail right on the head! let me tell you!!
I am a professional fishing guide, I tow my rigg all over the eastern seaboard guiding saltwater Fly/light tackle trips. I have used an F-350 crew cab with a Power stroke. I really loved how the truck performed I was towing a rig that tipped the scale at 6300ibs so it was not really a load for the f-350. The day I bought that truck "1996" I thought how great would it be if it was a Bronco with the power stroke.
I have just bought an older bronco to set up as a dedicated tow vehicle, I know the short wheelbase is not a great towing unit but for what I do it suits me well

I would like to see a "Bronco" powerd by the powerstroke sat on 16" tires and brakes the size of the F-350's it would be nice if one could push snow with this truck!
Hope this helps If so I would jump on a list to buy one

Thanks Bo

Old 12-26-2000, 11:46 PM
shadetree351
Junior User

Thanks, Bo, your post was great! I hope your response inspires several more like you to post also. I will forward your message on to my friend at Ford.
Shadetree 351

Old 12-28-2000, 12:35 AM
skipper
Senior User

I would like to say that that that picture does make my blood boil. Ford needs to bring back the Bronco. It was the best vehicle ever made and should never have been discontinued. It was a good vehicle for people who wanted a truck, but didn't want a pickup. It was also a great offroad vehicle. Nowadays the Explorers, Expeditions, and Excursions just don't cut it. I wouldn't buy any of those vehicles if my life depended on it. The explorers are too small and aren't truckish enough, while the Expedition and Excursion are just too big. Very few people need vehicles that big, they just buy them because there isn't anything better. And what's the deal with only offering automatics in the Expedition. In my opinion automatics suck. I think that Broncos should be brought back with similar Excursion styling, and the option for a powerstroke diesel, 5.4L, or 4.6L. Transmissions should have a crawler gear and overdrive, and whatever you do don't use the electronically controlled transfer cases. Use a solid front axle(none of that TTB), and don't forget the removable top.

Old 12-28-2000, 09:51 AM
shadetree351
Junior User

Thanks, skipper, your response was great! Also, for those of you wanting a far tamer view of a computer altered picture of an Excursion, check this out:
http://www.egroups.com/files/ecbr/Shadetree+351/01Bronco.jpg
It was altered from a picture in a Ford brochure. It would be much more of what we would call 'stock'.
Keep those responses coming, folks, this is great!
Shadetree 351

Old 12-28-2000, 12:14 PM
lallen
Senior User

Yep, I would sign up for one of these. It would have to have the removeable hardtop for sure. And, since it would be based on the Excursion, I want mine with the 7.3L powerstroke, 6 Speed Std, and in True Blue Metallic, with a Dark Denim Blue interior.
I do want a new sport ute, but I don't want an explorer (seems too "light duty" for me, and the expedition, excursion, is way more truck than I want/need.
Ford, we want this truck!!!

Old 12-29-2000, 11:02 PM
shadetree351
Junior User

Great response, I'll forward this one on to Ford too. Keep 'em coming.
Shadetree 351

Old 12-30-2000, 09:31 AM
AlM
Posting Guru

i like the ones you can get dirty..lol...rubber/vinyl mats and washable interior
i posted here before and Mr Shadetree took em..thanks..
how about the setina (washington state) push bar like the mil and police use?...I bought one from them for my 96 and have used it twice so far to push others outta da sand/snow...also, the steel angle cross brace is a good place to mount my rod holders (fishing rods..lol)...they have a new style out now with headlight protectors...much more funct. than the tubbies.

i would also like to see the :
sliding side windows in the removable roof
tie down posts all around, inside and out
accessory mounts for the hi lift jack
rear bumper mounts to move the front winch to
aircraft type directional fans for passengers (and drivers..the little round ones)
steel consoles like Tuffy's (got one!)
on board air optional mounts
rear tire mount that could take over sized tires...no electric window!
tool box mount..or front bumper mount for folding shovel, pull chains
front suspension framng to mount the tow hooks (no sub frames pls!)

easier to access:
internal fuel pump
electric cooling fan(s)
plugs
heater box (thinking long term here)
add a coolant flush kit..as well as xmission flusher
remote oil filter..coolers galore..lol..as if there is any space w/air cond!
can we keep it under $40K...lol

hey!..guess what?....my 96 bronco almost has all this stuff now!..exc for that electric rear window, and sliding side windows.

be well y'all!

Old 01-01-2001, 09:43 AM
shadetree351
Junior User

Thanks for responding again, AIM. I'm forwarding your suggestions on to Ford. This is great, folks. Keep those 'cards & letters' coming in. The more often you all post, the more likely Ford will eventually get the hint & do something about all this.
Shadetree 351

Old 01-01-2001, 02:32 PM
denial
New User

Those pics are great!
Except the first one has TOO BIG of a front end.
Also, don't make them so expensive and parts cant be too much just incase you break something offroading! The bronco needs a SIMPLISTIC Interior, but not to simple, Not something that is sooo nice inside that you don't want to get it muddy (not saying you WANT to get the inside dirty but just in case). It also needs a removable hard top that can be easily removed and put back on with out having to worry about it leaking once it is back on. It should also have a soft top package available so you can switch between the two. Hard top for the winter and soft for the summer. Stock tires should be at least 31's. Same size spare with exterior mount. Engine bay should allow ample room to maintain engine. Optional dual batteries. And all that other good stuff.

My 2 cents.

JP

P.S. Don't let the price tag sky rocket!!!

Old 01-01-2001, 03:10 PM
shadetree351
Junior User

Thanks, JP, I'll let Ford know your feelings. Great response. Who's next to respond?
Shadetree 351

Old 01-03-2001, 10:54 AM
yellowsub1962
New User

I would like to see the Bronco reborn. I would think it would sell pretty well, considering the sales records for the excursion already.

"Its a Wheelbase Thing, Your Jeep Wouldn't Understand"

Peter S. Di Primo
V.P. - Ventura County Axle Snappers 4WDC
www.axlesnappers.com
Yellowsub1962(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Old 01-03-2001, 10:58 PM
shadetree351
Junior User

Thanks for the input, Peter. I'll forward your message on to Ford. Every little bit helps. Thanks for your excellent input. Who's next to throw in their $.02? Let's hear from YOU! Yes, YOU, the person reading this message (other than Peter), send me a response. I dare you!

Old 01-03-2001, 11:40 PM
roadrage2
Freshman User

Ford actually built a bronco concept truck based on the 3/4 ton body, much like the altered pictures above. I have a friend that works for ford told me about it a year ago. It had a removable top, and was going to be produced in 2003, but has since been droped. He says the new concept for the bronco is based more towards the early bronco body style.
I have a '95 and love it, but with all the SUV's ford is making right now I seriously doubt they will introduce another one.?.

Old 01-04-2001, 12:06 AM
shadetree351
Junior User

Could be, I've heard some of the same, that a new Bronco will be a 'Wrangler-fighter', that is, on a smaller size. But the point here is that if enough people write in requesting something that looks like the shortened, HOT Excursion, then it can become a reality. It has happened with Ford. Once they were going to drop the Mustang in favor of the Probe, & enough people wrote in & complained that they kept the Mustang. So, if they already have built a concept Big Bronco & enough people write in to ask for its return, then it can become a reality. It may not happen until 2005, since that's how far ahead their current planning is, but it can happen. So, don't give up. When we throw up our hands & give up, that's when they can do whatever they want. But when we fight in a peaceful way by writing Ford & letting them know what we want, it CAN become a reality. We have to be able to dream. Take our dreams away & what do we have, NOTHING. And, trust me, all your letters go straight to a 4X4 Super Duty engineer that very much wants to see Ford bring back 2 Broncos, a small one and a big one, and done correctly. As of now, I have already sent him over 250 posts and have about another 10 to send. But keep responding folks, and we could soon have over 300 in their hands.

Quick Reply: Does this picture get your blood boiling?