General Automotive Discussion

DEI buying Yates?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 06:28 PM
petes79f150
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DEI buying Yates?

Yep. Heard it plain as day before the race started today. Not a done deal yet, but it was supposedly confirmed by both teams. Haven't seen anything on Nascar .com yet, but I would imagine it'll be news soon enough. Imagine that. I guess that leaves Roush (Fenway) the last Ford mega-team. What's Jr. gonna drive, a Fevy?

Pete

Old 04-29-2007, 06:36 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Whats jr going to drive? who cares they are all the same anyway, and I figure he will be leaving DEI soon as him and step mommy theresa can't get along. probably the best thing to happen to both of them.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
I figure Jr. will either drive for himself or go to RCR. Just my opinion. He want control (at least 51%)of DEI and the rumor I heard is that is worth about 55 mil. I dislike the mega teams myself.

I find Jayski's most times has better info than Nascar.com

Old 04-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Red Star
Posting Guru
That sucks.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:15 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
The rumor has it that they will all drive Chevrolets. Also heard that this is due to the WalMartization of racing. Anything smaller than a mega team can't compete due to the expense. Regardless of how many cars are on the track, it appears that only 3 or 4 mega teams will ever be able to win races.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:01 PM
firstonraceday
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Another aspect to the story, confirmed by DEI executive team member John Story, is that DEI has been in preliminary negotiations with Yates as well as Ford Motor Company and another manufacturer. DEI is trying to get the finances and the technological support it needs from a manufacturer in order to work toward fielding a fourth team by 2008 or 2009. Story oversees sales, marketing and communications activities at DEI.

I saw this on Jayski. Apparently if your name isn't Hendrick, Childress or Gibbs, you're toward the lower end of GM's food chain. One of the reasons Robby Gordon switched to Ford this year.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:29 PM
cjben
Lead Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wouldn't trust everything I read on jayski. i read a few stories there last year that were just plain rumors and didn't pan out. As far as junior goes,I think his stepmom would be crazy not give him 51% of the company. If he goes,who does that leave her with as drivers? Paul menard and martin truex jr? niether one of those drivers have lived up to the hoopla they were brought into the team with.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:34 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Jr..will get 51% before it is over.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:51 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Wow, this is news. IMHO DEI should get JR signed first and foremost because without him, they are nothing.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:07 PM
DaMole
Posting Guru
Old 04-30-2007, 09:09 PM
ag30265
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cjben
I wouldn't trust everything I read on jayski. i read a few stories there last year that were just plain rumors and didn't pan out. As far as junior goes,I think his stepmom would be crazy not give him 51% of the company. If he goes,who does that leave her with as drivers? Paul menard and martin truex jr? niether one of those drivers have lived up to the hoopla they were brought into the team with.

But jr. has?!?!?!?!?!?!?

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">Wow, this is news. IMHO DEI should get JR signed first and foremost because without him, they are nothing.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ya'll have to look at the other side of this, without dei jr. is nothing. Also, think of all the decent driver's that would jump at the chance to get into that equipment................and in the end would probably perform better then the ones in it now.

I look at the entire story and what I see is that jr. is listening to his sister and real mother. And what do they want..............money!!!!! I cannot imagine what things would be like if sr. was still here but I can bet that he'd tell jr. to get his crap and go find a job or shut up and drive. This is nothing more than a power grab and as far as I can see, an ignorent one. I look at it this way, the company wouldn't be there if not for sr.'s driving talent, but even that would'nt have made it what it is if not for theresa earnhardt. She is the sole reason that dei is even in existance and without her................dei is nothing and will not continue to thrive.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
If Jr. leaves he takes bud with him, and I would imagine they put up alot of cash. From my point of view DEI has done nothing but go down hill since Sr's death. I think he was a very very good bussiness man.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:42 PM
cjben
Lead Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Junior may never be the driver senior was,but he is popular with the fans,whether he wins races,crashes every race or whatever he does on the track,he will still be one of the most popular drivers ever,and that is what sells souveniers,t-shirts,and sponsorship money. DEI loses that,they will be hard up to replace the cash flow he takes with him.Saying that,I am not a DEI,Childress,Hendrick or any other GM or Dodge team fan,it is the FORDS I am pulling for every time the green flag flies!!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:24 PM
bigun72
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
Whats jr going to drive? who cares they are all the same anyway,
AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ag30265
Ya'll have to look at the other side of this, without dei jr. is nothing. Also, think of all the decent driver's that would jump at the chance to get into that equipment................and in the end would probably perform better then the ones in it now.

I look at the entire story and what I see is that jr. is listening to his sister and real mother. And what do they want..............money!!!!! I cannot imagine what things would be like if sr. was still here but I can bet that he'd tell jr. to get his crap and go find a job or shut up and drive. This is nothing more than a power grab and as far as I can see, an ignorent one. I look at it this way, the company wouldn't be there if not for sr.'s driving talent, but even that would'nt have made it what it is if not for theresa earnhardt. She is the sole reason that dei is even in existance and without her................dei is nothing and will not continue to thrive.
Your right, if SR was still alive none of this would be happening because he would "OWN" DEI and majority ownership wouldn't be an issue. I'm sure he wouldn't make JR pay 55 million for majority ownership. Saying that JR would be nothing without DEI is hilarious. Yes because we all know how well known DEI was when it was just Steve Park driving for them.

Of course it's all about money, what isn't in NASCAR these days. You don't think JR doesn't have a right to take over what his father created from the ground up? The way I see it the people who really know what it is going to take for DEI to be competitive are not in the position to make things happen.

Give me 2 examples of what Theresa Earnhardt has done to keep DEI alfloat. Last I heard Bud is going to stay as a sponser, Martin T primary sponser is solid. ( no doubt thanks to JR who signed Martin and NOT Theresa ) and the 15 car is rolling again with Paul Menard who JR had discovered. ( I'm sure with Paul comes money from the Menard name )

How good do you think the New England Patriots would be if Tom Brady jumped ship and they had to use their 3 string quarterback? Super Bowl Contender? Not likely.

Quick Reply: DEI buying Yates?