1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody 1961, 1962 and 1963 Ford F100 Unibody trucks

Newbie And A F100 Unibody

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 03:49 PM
PERTANO
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
under the truck looks good. I'm hoping to upgrade to later model disk brakes in the near future, just taking one step at a time. The motor is a necessity right now as the 223 is on it's death bed. After I drop in the 460 I'll have to reasses the springs and fix the ride height. After that I'll work on brakes. I'm not gonna be driving it all that much if any, anyway. Funny how a truck you buy to go back and forth to the dump and home depot turns into a project. The old lady and I had no intentions doing even this much to it.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:12 AM
PERTANO
Freshman User
So it's been a very long time since I've updated the post on the truck, and alot has taken place since then. The truck blew the motor for good after a trip to Long Beach over a year ago. After that I decided to install the 460 and get that ball rolling. During the install my buddies body shop freed up some room so we decided to start that while the truck was down. Well one thing led to another and the truck got pushed to the side and almost forgotten. Well the shop slowed down again a few months later and the project got resurected. Anyway.... Over a year later and many many dollars the truck is rolling again. This time with a much more powerful setup and a much better look.

The 460 has been warmed up a little with a small cam and a gear drive topped off with a Weiand stealth intake. The exhaust is 3 inch pipes with 50 series flows. The interior is old school diamond tuck on Tweed. "HAD TO DO IT". HA HA!!! It's so friggin retro it's cool. At least to me that is.

Anyway the truck turned out just the way I wanted so far. I still need to do the brakes up front and the flip kit out back. I will update with better pictures once I get it out in the sun and cleaned up. I literally just finished up the wiring and weatherstripping a few hours ago.

I hope you all like my truck in the updated state.

From this

To This

Old 11-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So you don't haul stuff to the dump with it? Beautiful transformation! Gotta ask though - why the mismatched tires? I think I like the blackwalls better IMHO. Raised white letters would be best.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:25 AM
PERTANO
Freshman User
The mismatched tires were because when I took the truck to the body shop I had the 460/c6 in the back and it was too low and rubbed on the tires that I normally run on the back of the truck. I've since changed them back. These are just pic's fo when I picked it up and towed it to the exhaust shop.

Once I get the rear end redrilled for 5x4.5 bolt pattern I can flip the rear and get the ride height where I want it.

Oh and yes this truck will be a truck. I'm mainly going to use it to tow with though. I've got a son that's almost at quarter midget age. So this is the tow vehicle.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Econoline 150
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice truck, most old trucks around here are rusted badly and look like swiss cheese.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:06 PM
IsoGrifo
Elder User
I LOVE THE COLOR!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! but your driver side mirror looks a little funny straight out like that...

Old 11-08-2008, 01:13 PM
PERTANO
Freshman User
Originally Posted by IsoGrifo
I LOVE THE COLOR!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! but your driver side mirror looks a little funny straight out like that...
Thanks again.

But again fellas these pictures were taken just after the truck was color sanded and buffed. I've put alot of work into it since these were taken. Just been so busy on it that when I finally pull the camera out to shoot more pic's the light is gone. Anyway, I'll have to update the pictures later on.

Thanks again for the compliments!!!

Old 11-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Figured there was a reason for the tires. I guess if a odd angled mirror is the worst we can find wrong with it, then it's gotta lot going for it. The body and paint are slick! I know what you mean about the sun going down when you get around to pictures! We'll be waiting to see 'em when you get around to it.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:08 AM
juterbock
Senior User
That thing is beautiful, makes me want my 61 back all the more. That was how I wanted it to look, only with a comparable shade of greenish-black.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:58 AM
PERTANO
Freshman User
Okay so I'm finally done with this thing for now......

I had some serious charging issues that I could not figure out so I just removed all the damn regulator setup and went with a 1 wire setup on it. LOVE IT!!!!! After that I had to rewire in the new MSD and then clean the engine bay up a little more. Not at all a professional looking job, but its getting it done. So new pictures will be up later today after I give it a bath and get it in the sun.

Juterbock, sorry to see you gave away your custom cab. I was looking for a big back window shortbed for a while, when I found this truck. I wanted to get one, but gave up and got this one instead. I'm kind of disappointed that I did now. I would have loved a big back window, I saw one a few years ago at the Fabulous Fords at Knotts show. I loved it!!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 PM
66fdtrucknut
Posting Guru
Truck looks great! Uni's rule.
Charlie

Old 11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Tat2ed64f100
New User
awsome look

Your Truck looks awsome It find of the style I'll be going for with my 64 Great job

Old 11-11-2008, 04:17 PM
PERTANO
Freshman User
So finally I got the truck in the sun and with the proper wheels. I still need to fix the ride height in the rear, but I need to redrill the axles for that. So it will wait a little while longer.

If anyone has any ideas how to get a 5x4.5 bolt pattern and disk brakes on the front end please let me know. Thanks!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 05:56 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Looks freekin awsome!!! Love the seat. Are you going to re-use the radio hole or fill it in? It's a shame people have to cut up the dash. anyway I think it lloks great. Good job

Old 11-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Econoline 150
Elder User
Very nice. Im sure the 460 is "adequate" for power.

Quick Reply: Newbie And A F100 Unibody