6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:07 PM
ramsey_71
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey hulk81 I'm a farmboy as well. Our farm had never seen anything but Ford on it until 05. While trying to buy a cab/chassis pickup for our feed pickup, we decided to do some pricing. Our hired hand was going to be the primary driver and he's a GM man. This was during the time all the big sales were going on and we ended up with a Duramax GMC. I don't want to knock them as a whole because I've heard a lot of good things, but after being in Fords my whole life I hate it. The one we have doesn't pull anything like dad's '03 model 6.0. We have had trouble with it sitting so low to the ground too. It won't clear much of anything and you know what that can get you into when you are out in a pasture. It also has independent front suspension, and at 50000 miles I'm starting to see wear and tear there. I understand needing the pickup to go to work, not to the shop. Just thought I would let you know our experience. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me. I'll help all I can. Hope your luck changes!