2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge from DiscountPowerParts

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:20 PM
wrobo23
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
additionally, i'd like to ask about programming. i see it's "plug and play", and you i take it you can dl changes (for free?) from a website to programmer via usb? i've been searching for info. and i'm tired, so i figured i'd just ask now and get it over with! thanks again for the future answers/help!

Old 03-16-2007, 07:28 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
You have an Edge backed 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If your not happy with it, send it back. If it is in as new condition...box and contents......you get a full refund minus the actual shipping cost. Our cost to ship this particular package is $6 in the continental US, so you will lose only the $6 and whatever is costs you to send it back. Your total risk is about $10-$15 with no questions asked so long as you return it in new condition! We have our address listed in the returns section on the site....low risk and up front promise! I can tell you this, we have sold hundreds and had less than 5 returned!

Old 03-16-2007, 07:30 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
Yes, it comes with the USB cable and the software for updates located at www.EdgeProducts.com !!!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 07:32 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
ok, i just ordered mine from discountpowerparts.com

i hope i like this thing....350.00 bones is a lot of bones...

Old 03-16-2007, 09:46 PM
stx4x4
Junior User
Smile edge

well its now 1 month what a mess but Edge came through, got my first unit mid feb, put it truck everything worked well, went to try stage 3 had probs so i talked to edge techs they said do a update upload, so tried to do that, first i had to get a current update edge driver, headache, then still didnt work, after talking to edge for a day, they said to send it ack in they will send me another, great got it a week later through UPS, unit was made 9 days prior to me getting it, well everything updated fine now when i plugged into truck it wouldnt initalize, it would actually shut off in mid process, so called edge, they said it wasnt right, after 3 days of working with techs over phone, they said we will send another, its been 2 weeks, called to see what the problem is, they said they have a hard to time keeping up with production, i havea 04 stx 4x4 4.6 v8, they sell 800 units amonth , alone for my type of truck!!! wow, got my 3rd unit finally, well the cable that connects to edge, the little clip was broken off caled edge, sent another 3 days later, !!! about to say for get edge, im dont, finally they 3dayed a new cable, well happy to say, im glad i didnt say forget edge, in all honesty they were great and very helpful, gladi kept it and love it now!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 10:31 PM
nirv
New User
Sold. Just bought one from DPP. I only have 250 miles on the truck, should i wait till atleast 500 before i install it?

Old 03-16-2007, 11:16 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
It wouldn't hurt to put a couple tanks of gas thru the truck. I don't have the patience for that myself.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:18 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Originally Posted by stx4x4
well the cable that connects to edge, the little clip was broken off caled edge, sent another 3 days later, !!!
Maybe I didn't brake that clip on his cable?

Old 03-16-2007, 11:28 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
if i ordered mine today how long will it take to get it....

and whats with all this downloading i hear on the threads....is that something you have to do often???

Old 03-17-2007, 04:42 AM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
If you order it today it will ship Monday. Normally delivery is 2-3 business days with UPS ground unless your out in no-mans land.

Downloading can be done or you can throw it in the truck and never update once. If new features or enhancements are added with the new software and you never update....you just wont get them. Edge initially was making these without the fuel economy monitoring, and it was added in an update......if those guys that got one before the software had the ability and they never updated....they still cant see instant or average economy. Anyone who keeps up with the current Edge software would have all that plus the newest truck PCM codes, and the any stability or feature enhancements that have done since they purchased the thing.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:25 AM
wrobo23
Elder User
so is there an actual warranty aside from money-back 30-day? meaning, something goes wrong somehow in a 8 months, a yr, a yr and a half.... whatever.... am i out the $350 (soon to be higher) ?

again, anyone have an unresolved problems? any refunds? it's hard for me to believe that this is the "one" i've been waiting to buy due to the fact that there is always that... "well, there is this problem" statement.

thanks again all!

Old 03-17-2007, 04:08 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
my understanding is that the mounting pod comes black....where did you guys get your paint to match it to the trucks interior...

Old 03-17-2007, 05:19 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
I would challange you to find any customer of ours that has had a problem and not seen us go above and beyond the call of duty to replace/correct the problem. I hardly think you will find anyone.

Edge does have a 1 year warranty as quoted here:
The Warranty is Limited to one (1) year from the date of sale and limited solely to the parts contained within the product's kit. All products that are in question of Warranty must be returned shipping prepaid to the SELLER and must be accompanied by a dated proof of purchase receipt. All Warranty claims are subject to approval by Edge Products Inc.

The full context of the Edge Warranty is here:
http://www.edgeproducts.com/customer...le.php?csak=14

And the return policy of DPP.com is here:
http://discountpowerparts.com/catalo...254faaf0ba9ebb

So now there is no question for you...everything is up front and on the table.

Guys, have any of you been jaded by Patrick or myself....not been taken care of.....felt neglected? We have only sold 473 units, 81 of them claimed to have come from here....a few of the posters should be able to chime in on this question for sure!

Old 03-17-2007, 08:29 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
i ordered mine....from what i've read some people have problems but you know how that works....the ones that have problems come out of the wood work and complain about everything wile the ones that didn't have problems are just happy and not talking...

i'm looking forward to mine...i'm just curious where i can get paint to match my interior??

Old 03-17-2007, 08:45 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
Any local parts store or national chain store will have interior paint. Also Ford can get Motorcraft interior paint. We used to carry VHT interior paint but they discontinued the line and my supplier sold out all the stock. Last time I checked, he had left only about 450 cans of the Ford tan, and something like 100 cans of Ford grey VHT. From what he says there will never be VHT paint to be had again for the interior.

Dupli-Color and Plasti-Kote make interior paint that is available at most of your national chain auto stores. If you have a store similar to House of Color, they can mix factory match interior paint and put it in spray bombs for you as well. Some body shop supply stores can do this as well.

Quick Reply: Edge from DiscountPowerParts