1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Front end options

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Blackhauk90
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front end options

So i just bought a 1953 f100 and haven't really done a whole lot to it yet.. My plan is to swap a 460 with a c6 or 4 speed.. I'm really on a budget so i'm probably going to do most of this if not all on a budget.. The main thing im thinking about now is the front suspension.. I'm really unsure how to lower it. I've seen the IFS and the mustang II ones and such.. I would like to keep the strait axel and drop it down as much as possible.. I really don't mind fabricating up stuff but when i have to go buy fancy spindles and such.. thats not exactly what i want to do.. What are my options for keeping the strait axel up in front and dropping it? I do plan on putting that heavy engine in there so i know it will drop down some but i basically want it ALL the way down.. I still want the suspension to function though.. Are there anyways to drop it down without going way over budget?

Old 02-26-2007, 02:55 PM
56efffie
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride! In my opinion the best and safest way to drop the straight axle is to purchase a dropped axle