6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Power Intake.. It's installed with Photos! =)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Power Intake.. It's installed with Photos! =)

I want you to chant with me.. DFUSER POWER! DFUSER POWER! DFUSER POWER!

I was able to pick up the 03-04 Power Elbow (built by IntakeElbows.com) from Bill @ DFuser. I happen to live in the same town as him and he was kind enough to let me run to the shop on a sunday afternoon to pick it up! He rawks!

The install was painless.. Altho I had to call him around 7:30 for a concern.. The elbow is a tad bit higher so it'll make you weezy when your trying to fit it in.. Easiest way I got it was inserting it into the Rubber Clamp and then put the long stud in.. Then push it down and get the 3 other bolts in.. It'll sit very crooked for starters.. But once you bolt it down alternating in a criss-cross pattern it'll even out and sit right.. I didn't get the one for the 05-07 because if I yank that Throttle Valve, my warranty goes out the door. The rubber boot on the other hand requires 2 bodies.. I was solo so it'll work for the time being.. As of right now I got about 1/8" from clamp to where the end of the Elbow is so it's sitting right against my airbox.. Tomorrow I'll have one of the guys at the office pushing it forward and clamp it down..

So.. It was purty easy install and impressive.. Performance wise I noticed an increase in spool.. Though I am still certain that my turbo is fubar'd but until I pickup my gauges I won't be fully sure..

But on my evening test it seemed responsive but I found myself at the firewall with no more boost.. I still gotta work on that rolling throttle method to keep boost high..

NOW.. to the photos!

Stock piece of POOEY!

UGLY!.. Stock pooey...

Ahhh.. SUCH A BEAUTY! Love the Boost Port..

Wow.. That is SO SMOOTH inside..

Notice the night 90 deg angle.. Never noticed it til she was out..

Here's inside of the stock one. Notice how the air goes in and then
immediately hits a 90 degree down.. Thats not cool!

LOL! OMG ITS A THROTTLE BODY! WHO PUT THAT THERE!
LOL.. I was bored.. I yanked the plug so I guess it just sits
like that.. Too bad ford wont let me remove it without loosing my
warranty..

Shes installed.. PURTY

Again...

Doesn't look so bad....

Old 02-25-2007, 09:32 PM
VonOverkill
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered mine today ('06 model).

Old 02-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Storm
Postmaster
I've noticed alot of low torque since putting it on.. She seems to move pretty quick in the low range now.. I can get 0-60 quicker without going over 2k and boosting high.. Once I get the gauges in I'll know exactly where the boost sits..

Old 02-26-2007, 05:19 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Rats!

I let myself get talked into the 05-07 elbow/remove the throttle body approach! I'm back-peddling now to save the warranty!?!? RATS!! I just emailed Aaron to get some feedback on the ramifications of the no TB install...

Old 02-26-2007, 05:27 PM
duffman77
Elder User
Originally Posted by CorporalStorm
Once I get the gauges in I'll know exactly where the boost sits..
Dont bother looking for more boost, you havent changed the turbo or upstream of it to push more air down the hole. You have decreased the resistance to flow so while yes you will see more flow. You might actually see less boost (but likely no change).

Old 02-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ozx3+1
I let myself get talked into the 05-07 elbow/remove the throttle body approach! I'm back-peddling now to save the warranty!?!? RATS!! I just emailed Aaron to get some feedback on the ramifications of the no TB install...
Put the TB back on and the stock Elbow! Don't tell me you threw em away?!

Mine are on a shelf and will be there for a LONG time.. Everything factory that I replaced is there..

Old 02-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Storm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by duffman77
Dont bother looking for more boost, you havent changed the turbo or upstream of it to push more air down the hole. You have decreased the resistance to flow so while yes you will see more flow. You might actually see less boost (but likely no change).

I know that.. I meant like in general I have no clue how much I boost.. Problem is in all my other threads I've had boost concerns with my truck.. Without knowing how much boost I'm pushing, I have no clue to the condition of my turbo..

I by no means meant I got more boost out of this elbow lol.. This is basic physics.. I know that much I'm just hoping when my Gauges go in I'll be able to see and confirm that my turbo is indeed bad..

Old 02-26-2007, 05:32 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

No more rats

No, I haven't even received the part yet... It's in route. I'm thinking that I'll just do an exchange once the "wrong" part gets to me and save myself the heartache.
I never throw away parts. I might need those things one day

Old 02-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Storm
Postmaster
No, I haven't even received the part yet... It's in route. I'm thinking that I'll just do an exchange once the "wrong" part gets to me and save myself the heartache.
I would.. Only problem you will have is like I said above.. Make sure you loosen the lower IC clamp so that you can rotate the hose onto the new elbow and get it off the Airbox..

Old 02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
WishIhada7.3
Laughing Gas
im still lost as to how a 05+ elbow on a 03-04 would cause warranty denail???? If the truck has been re-flashed within the past year or two the valve has been disabled....stay's open all the time...its just a restriction...plus most of the tech's wouldnt even notice it missing unless they saw the unplugged wire harness laying there...but when it gets down to it they could give you crap for removing the elbow in the first place(aftermarket)....so IMO if im gonna go down that road anyway im just gonna take the darn thing out....

i would stick with the 05 elbow....and get rid of tha worthless metal stuck in the middle of the elbow...or atleast remove the 2 screws and take the plate out....

Old 02-26-2007, 08:02 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by WishIhada7.3
im still lost as to how a 05+ elbow on a 03-04 would cause warranty denail???? If the truck has been re-flashed within the past year or two the valve has been disabled....stay's open all the time...its just a restriction...plus most of the tech's wouldnt even notice it missing unless they saw the unplugged wire harness laying there...but when it gets down to it they could give you crap for removing the elbow in the first place(aftermarket)....so IMO if im gonna go down that road anyway im just gonna take the darn thing out....

i would stick with the 05 elbow....and get rid of tha worthless metal stuck in the middle of the elbow...or atleast remove the 2 screws and take the plate out....
I sent my concerns to the manufacturer:

I just got a bad feeling... Your suggestion to run the 05-07 elbow "because the 05-07 elbow is a little bit better, especially since the throttle body gets removed". My bad feeling is that this is going to void my warranty! If that's the case--voided warranty of my truck--then I better go with the 03 elbow. No need to make possible problems, you know?

He responded with a good point:

True, but probably any aftermarket elbow would void your warranty…… Either way is fine with me, but if it were me, I’d run the new elbow and keep the throttle body and stock elbow around if you need to swap them over to take it into the dealer. Even with the 03-04 aftermarket elbow, I wouldn’t take the truck into the dealer, Just like I wouldn’t take a truck in with a programmer installed.<o></o>

I figure I'm good to go with the better setup and keep ALL of my old parts until 100K.5 miles
<o>
</o>

Old 02-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Diesel_D
Freshman User
Hey Corporal
what is this dfuser power elbow and what does it exactly do? I know this is probably a dumb question, but this elbow looks like something I may have to think about installing. Is the throttle body the egr backpressure TB that they discuss in
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/2...tructions.html

I have a 2004 f350 SD 6.0 and I was having problems with surging pulling a grade 27K on the truck. took it to the dealer because I am still under warranty and they cleaned out the EGR valve because of coking deposits. I know this is something that i need to do probably every 10K miles from now on even though the dealer tech said I should bring it to him. Anyway to make a long story short the whole deal is to disable the EGR and remove the backpressure TB to reduce all the soot and crap building up in my turbo and other intake related parts! Am I correct?
Also quick question on my truck the tube that connects to the flange and the elbow are black plastic! do you have some kind of mod on yours because I notice its metal
Thanks for any info

Last edited by Diesel_D; 02-26-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:03 AM
Mach1
Senior User
Corporal strom- Did you make the Dam rally? I had the 04 Red 6L. I have the elbow as well.

Did you notice that the stock elbow necks down inside as well? Should pick up some more flow there. I can hit 30 psi on a stock program.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:03 AM
jimh425
Senior User
Which is it, void my warranty or not? From the descriptions I've read, it should only make things more reliable. Do I really have to change the part out if I go to the dealer? I just ordered one from intake elbows.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:10 PM
OZX1
Posting Guru

Talking

I deliberated only a few minutes... I decided on this; Regardless of what I do to my truck, Ford may claim it's a warranty voiding modification. I'll NEVER toss the stock parts. I'll make sure I know what I'm taking-off/changing/adjusting/unplugging, etc, so in a pinch, I can put-on/restore/readjust/plug-in or whatever-it-is-that-I-did quickly and proficiently.

It's an ideal world with the right help!

Last edited by OZX1; 02-27-2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: error

Quick Reply: Power Intake.. It's installed with Photos! =)