6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

I drove one today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drove one today!

I was driving home from drill and I saw a red 350 dually. I almost had a wreak trying to get out of the fast lane and get off the exit. I checked it out about 30 min and was aloud to take it for a drive.

It's got some pep! I liked it - a lot! Great sound system. Quite, smooth ride.

I noticed a place for the after market though. The pipes for the inter-cooler were kind of flat and noticeably kinked. These could be mandrel bent and more round than oval. This is definitely something Banks will be all over.

I also thought the covers for the power points were cheap and flimsy. For $50K I think the quality should be better. I know it's a minor thing for most but I use those power points. Inverters, iPod, laptop, cell phones ... When I'm not using them I like to cover the hole. The covers are attached by a thin strip of plastic and don't feel as if they will hold up over time.

Mind you, these two things are not deal breakers. In fact I wouldn't mind being the first guy to put on some after market IC pipes! They are suppose to get some 450s in this week and will call me. We'll see what happens.

jimbo