New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Is everyone doing alright with the snow???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Bill_T
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lenny1carl
can't use it.. it eats sassy's paws no matter how much i clean 'em. i made that mistake once w/ the stuff they put in the bbls here. salt and sand mix, but thanks.
Carl
for what its worth...
I have a great dane and 3 cats (among other critters). I found a product at Petco that seems ok for the 4 legged members of the family.. I use it on a small deck/stairs that leads to the backyard.. the Dane is 10 yrs old (ancient for a Dane) and is very cautious about falling/slipping.. his paws seem fine when I use it.. The cats are in and out thru this doorway often.. I dont know the brand name but it is obviously made to avoid pet problems seen with salt. It isnt as effective as salt, but it helps alot with ice buildup..

Bill

Old 03-01-2007, 12:09 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
bill thanks for the suggestion. i'll look it up. we've no stores here, maybe its something i can get online.
by the way, when i was chastising rsyl, post #24, i mistakenly typed bob. i meant to type bill as in bill_t. hand over the keys to ronin.
all joking aside, all stay safe tonight and tomorrow

Old 03-01-2007, 05:02 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
I love this place! They BRING my food to me, they tuck me in at night (kinda hard to do myself when i'm restrained) and they have Ford commercials playing 24/7!

Good luck with the ice storm everyone...

Old 03-01-2007, 05:08 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
i slipped in the mud an hr ago. it wasn't a VW or galant. don't do this at home. i'm a trained retard. you all could get hurt or killed

Old 03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
i slipped in the mud an hr ago. it wasn't a VW or galant. don't do this at home. i'm a trained retard. you all could get hurt or killed
at least you're smart enough to run Coopers

Old 03-01-2007, 05:33 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
just the front end. the backs are dollar generals. this spring it'll have new sneakers all the way around.
what are you doing out of the straight jacket rsyl??

Old 03-01-2007, 06:50 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
I get 15 minutes a day so i can call Sarge...

Old 03-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
I love you guys!!! I am tied down with work and home projects worried about how things are going on FTE, wondering why I have received these Ford truck keys, but have no time to check into it, and I jump on here and find all is well (other than finding out that Rob is in rehab)!!!

To answer some people's questions:

Originally Posted by tiny1
Does this mean that spring is just around the corner ????????????????
Don't count on it. It was just wishful thinking on my part so I took the plow off.

Originally Posted by Bill_T
I think the BFG A/T's deserve a long look from all the comments I have read.. I will also look at Cooper's

Someone mentioned that at 38K miles I might be expecting too much from my REVO's.. maybe that was the insight I needed.. I truly expected to get more useable miles from these premium tires... By useable I mean in snow/slush/rain.
The BFG AT's were still going strong at 50,000 miles for road use. The only reason I took them off the Rover was they were not getting me any where off road.

rsyl, bob, you need to immediately hand over you ford keys and step away from the trucks. hondas and vw's mentioned in the NY chapter means the keys go to ronin until you beg forgiveness for your indiscretions, and go to rehab like brittany........
Carl - there is technically no such rule or policy on this, but I like your thinking!! Besides, now I have two sets of Ford truck keys so if anyone needs to borrow a truck for a project or two we now have two available for loan thanks to Rob and Bill.

So has anyone heard how Rob is making out in rehab??? At least he is staying in and getting the help that he needs (unlike Britney who keeps checking herself in and out).

Last edited by Ronin007; 03-04-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:21 PM
MuddyAxles
Elder User
Although it came late, it's been quite a winter so far...

You would think the railroad would be fairly immune to weather anomolies, but not so. This winter has caused all kinds of havoc and numerous derailments, track problems, and signal outages. This has been the worst winter, operationally, since I have been there (1999).

All this disturbance causes all kinds of people to put in much longer than normal days, as has been the case with me several times. Having recently gone onto a job working out of the Goodman St. Yard in Rochester, I'm still getting my feet on the ground as far as scheduling, etc.

The front hubs have been locked in pretty much for the past 4-5-6 weeks and the van has been handling fine, no extra weight and stock Hankook A/S tires.

Getting way behind on the outdoor projects, however.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:16 AM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
here we go again guys. 7"-15" by tomorow. i was getting a little ginned up for spring as i watched hundreds of geese going over everyday all week.
grrrrrr. stay safe

Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 AM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 308 Likes on 283 Posts
In my neck of the woods they are talking that we will be getting 4-8".

I bet Ronin will wish that he had the plow back on the truck

Everyone be safe and take it easy.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:23 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
it's a mess here in eastern NY. couldn't drive from my house to gomers. SNOW SUCKS

Old 03-16-2007, 06:58 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
it's a mess here in eastern NY. couldn't drive from my house to gomers. SNOW SUCKS
i agree...finally got home from Utica....detouring around the back woods due to accidents on Route 5s

Old 03-16-2007, 07:06 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
thanks for the update rsyl, i think..... frig this. it's a mess. STAY IN if you can and if you can't you need an *** whoopin'

Old 03-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Bill_T
Senior User
no snow yet in Rochester.. We were supposed to get 3-6 tonight and a couple more tomorrow.. so far, clear and cold. Guess I will make a fire and watch an old movie.. Hope those with the heavy snow stay safe..

Bill

Quick Reply: Is everyone doing alright with the snow???