New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

February Meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 02:50 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
I will be coming from the south up Rt 93 into NH...

Do you have an address?

Old 01-20-2007, 03:01 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donjamer
I will be coming from the south up Rt 93 into NH...

Do you have an address?

That will be at 360 Winchester Street. Keene N.H Off of rt 101 Rt 9..

Old 01-20-2007, 03:06 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
http://the99.know-where.com/the99/cg...ng=en&mapid=US

There is the map on how to get there.

Old 01-21-2007, 03:04 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Bump Bump Bump

Old 01-22-2007, 12:49 AM
donjamer
I just realized that this place is 1 hr and a half from me..

What happened to finding a more central location??

Lets have some hands to see who is coming and how far they are traveling so we can find a central point..

I have met some people, but it seems that this location is not central to even the ones from NH.. Might be to far for the CT and central MA boys..

If people want to PM me with their location I will create a map of where everyone is and then we can decide on a location.

SGLAINE-- I don't want to step on any toes here so if you want to take the helm be my guest.. Just trying to establish a location that may get more people to come to..

Old 01-22-2007, 07:24 AM
NHTriton
Junior User
As Sean explained it, we're trying to do the meet at different parts of New England to make it fair to everyone, and round up some of the people that aren't able to make it further east all the time. I don't think it's certain exactly where the middle is at this point because the attendance to each meet is so spotty.

An hour and a half drive is a pretty typical for all the NE vehicle enthusiast groups that mlafortu and I are a part of.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile for a sort of roll call thread stickied in NE where each person posts their locations (even those lurkers that never post).
Get your name out there to show where you're at, so future meets could be arranged around that.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:07 AM
matt h
Junior User
i think thats a good idea,the trip is gonn be 2+hrs for us,but knowing the next meet will be closer to us takes the sting out of it.after all we all realize that we dont drive yugos!18 mpg is my best on the hwy

Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 AM
48' fordster
Elder User
February 11th in Keene? yup i will prob be up there with my dad

Old 01-22-2007, 12:48 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend

Lets have some hands to see who is coming and how far they are traveling so we can find a central point..

I have met some people, but it seems that this location is not central to even the ones from NH.. Might be to far for the CT and central MA boys..

If people want to PM me with their location I will create a map of where everyone is and then we can decide on a location.

SGLAINE-- I don't want to step on any toes here so if you want to take the helm be my guest.. Just trying to establish a location that may get more people to come to..

We need to get more People involved in this Group. And it seems like I have been doing most of the work in that . So if they do not come to us we go to them. New England is a pretty big space and we need to get the word out.

And Hooters is getting old to meet at too.

We also have had more People show up in Keene at a meet more then in Manchester too. We also need to plan the Spring or Summer event as well. And I will do anything to draw members to get involved because that is my job as Chapter leader.

We all need to get this chapter to grow.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:49 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by NHTriton
As Sean explained it, we're trying to do the meet at different parts of New England to make it fair to everyone, and round up some of the people that aren't able to make it further east all the time. I don't think it's certain exactly where the middle is at this point because the attendance to each meet is so spotty.

An hour and a half drive is a pretty typical for all the NE vehicle enthusiast groups that mlafortu and I are a part of.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile for a sort of roll call thread stickied in NE where each person posts their locations (even those lurkers that never post).
Get your name out there to show where you're at, so future meets could be arranged around that.

You hit that one right on the nail..

Old 01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend

I also think that we should recrute more from other places. Once that is all said and done we could find a central place to meet. We need more then the 10-15 that we have come all the time.

We as a team need to promote this chapter like a team and bring in more people. From all areas of New England. The folks up north count and should feel wanted as well the one's in ME where the Moose Roam.

And lets not forget the folks out in Western MA and Northern VT & NH and lets not forget the one's down in CT. There great guys too.

How about you guy's down in RI please chime in and get involved as well

Old 01-22-2007, 07:44 PM
donjamer
Originally Posted by sglaine
I also think that we should recrute more from other places. Once that is all said and done we could find a central place to meet. We need more then the 10-15 that we have come all the time.
I agree we need to bring more people in. The way to do that is have an activity that is worth driving to. Just meeting at Hooters or 99's is OK to be able to put a face to a username, but we need have other activities.

Also I have not seen any 10 -15 showing up. The first time we came there were just 4 of us the last time there were 8..

We as a team need to promote this chapter like a team and bring in more people. From all areas of New England. .
Again I agree.. We can start by posting more everday items in the New England chapter.. Right now all that gets posted is meeting info.. If we have more New England news postings then maybe members will check in regularly. Then maybe they will want to attend a meeting to get to see who they have been chatting with..

The folks up north count and should feel wanted as well the one's in ME where the Moose Roam.

And lets not forget the folks out in Western MA and Northern VT & NH and lets not forget the one's down in CT. There great guys too.

How about you guy's down in RI please chime in and get involved as well
I think that we are such a large chapter that we need to create local groups within the chapter. For example: I am in Methuen so people who are around here should be meeting together during the week then with the chapter for the monthlys.. I don't even know if there are any members close by me..
Wouldn't it be great to get to know the people who are within a half hour of you? Maybe they need help working on their truck or car..

That is why I said we need to have a location map made.. I think this is the first step..

Old 01-22-2007, 08:48 PM
matt h
Junior User
i agree,new england as a whole is a pretty daunting task.maybe at this meet,we can address what would be the best way to gather members.i also think your idea of a regional map is an excellent idea.can you come up with something for the meet?we then can get an idea of where everyone is.sean,can you get in touch with your friends at the dealership,and tell them we'd like to have a regional sponsor?maybe we can get a dealership from each state to help us out.i talked with the sales mgr of torrington ford(my local dealer)but didnt get too far.i will talk to them again soon.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:48 PM
donjamer
Originally Posted by matt h
i also think your idea of a regional map is an excellent idea.can you come up with something for the meet?
Matt I can do up the map if people PM me their location.. I only have 1 so far.

I know I can go looking through profiles to get some, but that would take forever.

I don't like the idea of having the map online.. To much info for marketers.
That is why I asked for PM's to keep it somewhat private..

Old 01-23-2007, 12:53 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by matt h
i agree,new england as a whole is a pretty daunting task.maybe at this meet,we can address what would be the best way to gather members.i also think your idea of a regional map is an excellent idea.can you come up with something for the meet?we then can get an idea of where everyone is.sean,can you get in touch with your friends at the dealership,and tell them we'd like to have a regional sponsor?maybe we can get a dealership from each state to help us out.i talked with the sales mgr of torrington ford(my local dealer)but didnt get too far.i will talk to them again soon.

My whole thought was that the ones that have been involved could go and meet members from around NE. Would not hurt a thing. That way there get interest built up and then have a central place we could hang month after month.

By the way Hooters filed for bankruptcy yesterday.

Quick Reply: February Meet