1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

fuel pressure problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 11:06 PM
funzjb1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel pressure problem

I have a 96' 7.3 PSD 5 spd. The question I have or problem is, I am not getting fuel pressure out the schrader valve ( not sure how to spell that one) I put a new lift pump in about a year ago. I had problem with some bad or dirty fuel and it clogged my filter and left much gunk in the water seperator bowl I cleaned the filter housing and put a new filter in but it still acting like its clogged and shouldn't there be pressure out the schrader valvewhen i take the cap off it????
There is fuel in the filter area I filled it manually and still no pressure and no fire.
Can the fuel lines be blown out with air backwards from the schrader valve????

Old 12-17-2006, 11:18 PM
ben97
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not sure about blowing the fuel lines out, but i would check the fuel screen, it's on the side of the fuel bowl, not really sure how to explain taking it apart but i'm sure someone else will chime in.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Ben-jamin
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
yes but diconnect them from the tank diverter valve so it doesn't go into your tank, also if there was crud in the line your new pump may have sucked it up. these pumps have one way check valves that if stuck open even marginally ;can drive you nuts.
The pump should hold vacuum on the p-u side. good luck.