1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

volare front end

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 12:04 AM
bigdave85
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
volare front end

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-Dec-01 AT 01:08 AM (EST)]i heard some places made templates to show how much to cut the frame of a 55 ford when putting on a volare front end. i heard Bobco made these but i cant find their web page. if you know there web page or of another company that made them let me know.
DAVE

Old 12-03-2001, 01:27 AM
blitzkraig56
Senior User
volare front end

Actually, from what I've heard is that stampings of the volare front clip can vary slightly from clip to clip, so templates are not very good to go by. My suggestion is buy the Volare clip installation video from No Limit Engineering (http://www.nolimit.net/). It's very precise and the install is easy if you have the torching and welding skills. I put a clip on my 56 with no problems using this video. Good Luck

Craig Early
Ford F-100 Elite of Northern California
www.geocities.com/norcal_f100
Livermore Chapter

Old 12-04-2001, 07:23 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
volare front end

Dave,

I used volare templates for my conversion and it worked fine. Nothing is a cookie cutter fit... there is always some grinding to make it fit, if for no other reason you can't cut that precisely with a torch... and I agree the subframes don't always stamp the same. I've got a set of Volare templates (sorry no video)

I bought them for $50.00 but I'd be glad to copy and send to you. You can see my adventure on my page at http://jniolon.clubfte.com or on the FTE technical article page.. Sam Detweiler did the same thing and some of the pics in my article are Sam's frame with the templates attached and after the cuts... check out the article and if you're interested, contact me at or and I'll get your address for the template mailing...

hope this helps...

john

Old 12-05-2001, 09:41 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Post volare front end

Dave

I don't have any interest in No Limit but I would really recommend you drop $25 to buy the video or rent it. There are some angles that must be correct and will in no way be assured with templates. The clips do vary. You will spend more than $25 when the front end man tries in vain to make a botched install steer correctly. It is a time consuming job and worth getting right the first time.

Dewayne

Old 12-05-2001, 09:46 PM
Craig
Senior User
volare front end