1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

At Last! A Little Free Time!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 PM
grover
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up At Last! A Little Free Time!

I haven't had much time to get on the Forums in the last few months, so I thought I'd drop by and say "Hey!" It seems that pursuing a Master's degree requires a lot more homework than I originally envisioned, so I've been chained to the computer doing things other than getting on here, and poor ol' Grover has been sitting in the driveway looking forlorn.

I probably should warn y'all that I'm working on a getting my teaching certificate. Those of you that know me may be worried about just what I'll be teaching the upcoming generation of America's youth.

Yeah, I know, this is a bit off-topic.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:14 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Hey Don,

Nice to hear from you, I was wondering what happened to you. Not to worry, I'm sure Grover understands your lack of attention.

I did the college thing late in life, I started at 28 with 2 kids and a mortgage andmanaged to stuff my 4 year degree into 7. I was so tired of starving and books that I didn't pursue the masters at the time (the wife was ready for me to be working a real job)

Good luck with it! May your holidays be pleasant!
Bobby

Old 12-11-2006, 09:18 PM
create
Senior User
Don,

Where are you getting your Masters in Education? I see you are from KY. My fiance finished her Masters in Education at UK last year. She did the MIC program. Right now she is finishing her Masters/PH.D in math and had her last final yesterday (or rather turned it in)..

good luck with your MIC stuff.

ben

Old 12-11-2006, 09:27 PM
grover
Senior User
Originally Posted by create
Don,

Where are you getting your Masters in Education? I see you are from KY. My fiance finished her Masters in Education at UK last year. She did the MIC program. Right now she is finishing her Masters/PH.D in math and had her last final yesterday (or rather turned it in)..

good luck with your MIC stuff.

ben
I'm getting my Master's at Georgetown College. I tried to get into the MIC program at UK, but I didn't "fit the mold," whatever that means. I suspect that somebody higher up at UK is a fan of rice-burner minitrucks, and felt that he couldn't have an old Ford truck nut in the program. I'm actually glad it worked out the way it did, because some of my teachers at UK kept telling me that Georgetown's program was better.

Of course, at the age of 48 I am entering the field about the time a lot of teacher begin to think about retirement.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:31 PM
create
Senior User
Well thats cool! I am glad you like Georgetown. I just thought it was cool to see someone from my side of the world with a truck like mine. Its very rare to see an effie around here.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:27 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don
Good to hear from you, and Grover.
Maybe a Teacher driving up to school in an Old Ford Truck will get some of these kids attention. Your age and expierence won't hurt either.

One good Teacher can change thousands of lives.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:59 PM
grover
Senior User
Smile

Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
Don
Good to hear from you, and Grover.
Maybe a Teacher driving up to school in an Old Ford Truck will get some of these kids attention. Your age and expierence won't hurt either.

One good Teacher can change thousands of lives.
I have to admit, the guys at school love my truck, even if it's pretty rough. Since it's a small town school in a rural area, pickups are frequently used to advertise testosterone if they aren't being used to pull a tobacco wagon. Of course, we have to argue about whether Ford, Chevy or Dodge trucks are better.

And of course, we know the answer to THAT debate, don't we?