6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

'08 6.4L F-350 VIN Issued & Scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:11 AM
ballbandit
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We are suppused to start building them on tues.Will let everyone know when we start building full force.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:22 PM
carm_scaffidi
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is great news! Thanks for the update

Old 12-05-2006, 11:56 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ballbandit
We are suppused to start building them on tues.Will let everyone know when we start building full force.
I think most on this forum would love to hear your experiences and impressions as those first units roll forward. We have no desire to request sensitive information or anything that would get you in trouble but if you can tell us what's going on, that would just be awesome.

BTW, we on this forum are also sensitive to the workforce reductions that Ford has announced and wish you the best as this is a difficult time for Ford employees. I for one will do my part in making sure I continue to buy Ford products.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:26 PM
carm_scaffidi
Junior User
Originally Posted by Jones02SportTrac
I think most on this forum would love to hear your experiences and impressions as those first units roll forward. We have no desire to request sensitive information or anything that would get you in trouble but if you can tell us what's going on, that would just be awesome.

BTW, we on this forum are also sensitive to the workforce reductions that Ford has announced and wish you the best as this is a difficult time for Ford employees. I for one will do my part in making sure I continue to buy Ford products.
+1 I will be buying another new Ford truck very soon.

Old 12-06-2006, 09:28 AM
ballbandit
Tuned
Ok we are suppose to start tonight (wed) but who knows.I was told that even though we are building the new trucks that ford cant release them until march due to the government to be able to call them an 08.Will keep everyone updated.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:53 PM
jmcholden
Senior User
If they don't release these truck till March they will be loseing alot of sales. The 07's are all but gone and no trucks to buy till March?
Someone in marketing should be shot at Ford?

Last edited by jmcholden; 12-06-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:13 AM
ballbandit
Tuned
I totaly agree with you.Not only that if had a truck built in dec. and couldn't get it till march i would be a little mad.

Old 12-07-2006, 08:48 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Bandit - Did they start up the 08 Super Duty run last night?

Old 12-07-2006, 10:04 AM
origcharger
Posting Guru
I totaly agree with you.Not only that if had a truck built in dec. and couldn't get it till march i would be a little mad.
Considering a major change in the diesel engine and emission equipment, a model year changeover, a holiday shutdown and February being a short month, theres only about 42 business days after January 2nd until March 1st. 2007, it doesn't seem all that unreasonable.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:26 AM
ballbandit
Tuned
At 11 pm i was told they was starting to put 08s on line at the beginning of the bodyshop.Will know more tonight.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:31 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
At 11 pm i was told they was starting to put 08s on line at the beginning of the bodyshop.Will know more tonight.
Thanks for the update. Let us know what you find out after your shift. I'm assuming you're on the line somewhere. Whatever you can tell, great, but don't reveal anything that would get you in trouble. This group would love to see some camera phone pics or videos if you can. Geeze, imagine... to see a picture of the first production 08 coming down the line. I get all goose bumpy just thinking about it! Something like that would have a permanent place in Super Duty nostalgia.

Last edited by EpicCowlick; 12-07-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:08 PM
jmcholden
Senior User
Why is Ford so reluctant to release deliver date info and priceing on these damn trucks. Unless thet are so short on workers that they don't know what the prodution schedule will be? Its either that or the 6.4L is not all that they hoped for? I don't buy the year end and model year change excuse. Its not like they haven't had time to plan for either of these things.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Percys Armory
Posting Guru
They might always do it this way, Ive not been this interested in a new vehicle like this.
Originally Posted by jmcholden
Why is Ford so reluctant to release deliver date info and priceing on these damn trucks. Unless thet are so short on workers that they don't know what the prodution schedule will be? Its either that or the 6.4L is not all that they hoped for? I don't buy the year end and model year change excuse. Its not like they haven't had time to plan for either of these things.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:21 PM
carm_scaffidi
Junior User
Like others here I would like to thank you for your update and eagerly await your next update

Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 AM
ballbandit
Tuned
Ok we built about 200 trucks yesterday and so far everything seems ok.We will see how this afternoon will go.Will give another update tomorrow when i get up. Right now we are supposed to be off next week so there wont be any updates next week but who knows they might tell me tonight that i have to work. Will be glad to keep evryone informed.

Quick Reply: '08 6.4L F-350 VIN Issued & Scheduled