Info needed on my truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Triggerman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info needed on my truck

Hello guys, I am new to this site and I just bought a 2000 F-250 ext cab 2wd with 5.4 V8. Manfacture date is 12-99. Do I have the PI heads (PI are 3v or 2v?) or not. Exactly what automatic do I have, 4r100? What are the HP and torq numbers for 2000 on the 5.4? Where could I find this and other info on this truck? Edumacate me!

Thanks very much
Adam Harris

Old 10-25-2006, 10:44 PM
kspilkinton
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be more than happy to lend a hand... check out the door sticker for the info (codes) you have questions on. Usually if you post we can give them to you, it's just we've searched to get them ourselves... plus we have a few Ford reps that'll help.

The 5.4s were 2v from their inception until 2004. The PI heads are 2V and were first used on '99 models... so you have a PI engine. Another way to identify the PI heads is to look for the casting mark on the head itself. 'PI' was cast into the head and is pretty visable on the side near the front of the engine on either head, but you have to go through the wheel well to see it.

The SuperDuties have a 4R100 auto and will be an 'E' code under the "Trans" location on your door sticker.

HP and torque numbers for the 5.4s of this year can be found under the articles/specs tab above - go to the 2000 models and then under the specs for the superduty, it's all here at FTE. It is 260 hp @4500rpm and 350 ft-lbs torque @2500rpm.

Hope that helps...

-Kerry