1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Your old mod parts.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Power Strokeme
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your old mod parts.

I've only been a member for a couple weeks but WOW.. what a great source for information.
I've searched for mods and learned a lot but one thing I haven't figured out yet is.. What are you guys doing with your old parts? I've seen guys say I had "this" chip and it dont work as well as "that" chip or maybe they say I cant wait to replace "this" exhaust with "that" exhaust. Well where are your "this" parts? Are you throwing them away, or are they collecting dust in the corner of the garage? I searched briefly in the classifieds of this site but only found vehicles not parts.
I bet there are guys considered cash deficient or just plain tight with their $$$ (me) that would be willing to help you get rid of the old parts. I'd like a spare IDM module so if I ruin mine I have a spare, also where are all the used 3" downpipes & test pipes? I dont want to cheat anyone I just want an amazingly good deal.
How many others feel the same?
Btw Mine is a 97 F-250 supercab longbed 4X4 auto. Thanks (MANY THANKS) to your info I have already done the tc lockup & ebpv brake mods and now it seems I've got PMS. (love them smilies!)

Old 10-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A spare IDM will be hard to come by $$. I doubt you will ever see a used DP 'cause they are cut-up to get em out.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 PM
1997F-350
Postmaster
well i gave an aftermarket dp and cat delete to somone on here about 9 months ago. has yet to be installed.

i got a spare idm but thats the purpose i bought it for. got some other stuff but thats all my backup stuff. i keep most of my crap behind the rear seat.

spare idm off ebay brand new is around 200.00

Old 10-24-2006, 07:49 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Part of the problem finding used stuff around here is that I delete any posts or threads that hint at being "for sale".

The classifieds are for parts as well as vehicles, but used PSD performance parts are hard to come by. A lot of people keep the old stuff as an emergency spare, or it becomes a hand me down to a friend or family member. Most used exhaust systems get cut to pieces on removal and are rarely salvagable.

Last edited by cookie88; 10-24-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:49 AM
ForemanES
Posting Guru
I still use my edge evolution programmer to pull codes. I cut up my exhaust to make everything come out faster.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Power Strokeme
Junior User
Originally Posted by cookie88
Part of the problem finding used stuff around here is that I delete any posts or threads that hint at being "for sale".

The classifieds are for parts as well as vehicles, but used PSD performance parts are hard to come by. A lot of people keep the old stuff as an emergency spare, or it becomes a hand me down to a friend or family member. Most used exhaust systems get cut to pieces on removal and are rarely salvagable.
I didn't see a section called parts in the classifieds, the closest was engines/trannys/differentials. Could you add a "parts" category or is there just not enough demand to make it worth while?
Wait a minute..(huh.. can't find a red faced embarrased smiley) I see parts grouped with vehicles by year, My Bad
Thanks again

Old 10-25-2006, 06:29 PM
lukecline
Posting Guru
ive had a superchips tuner and edge tuner.....sold those for a wildman chip. Also had a few other sets of injectors that i traded in for a new bigger set. I do alot of trading around old parts for labor or help doing something. Bout the only spare parts i have is a fan belt and cps.