1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

No start

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:19 PM
paulgc
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No start

I replaced the wiring under the passenger side of the truck. I drove the truck it seemed to still have a miss. I replaced the idm and now the truck won't even turn over. I put a new starter relay on fencer wall. Now when you turn the igition over you can here the relay. The starter still isn't turn over. HELP.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need more vehicle info.
WHat harness did you replace?
Check the fuses under the hood.

Old 10-22-2006, 12:51 PM
1997F-350
Postmaster
are you sure it was the idm you replaced? did you try putting the old one back in to see if it would turn over? not that it should matter but you never know i guess. do your batteries have juice? sounds like more of your problem. why replace the idm if you have a rough runnin truck? who told you that?

Old 10-22-2006, 09:23 PM
paulgc
Freshman User
I replace the valve cover gasket and wiring harness to injector and glow plugs was melted. A friend of mine told me that since one side of the injectors was not working to replace the idm. I found out he was wrong. I did what someone on this site told me and pulled the valve cover and find the melted wiring and replace them. I drove the truck to local gas station and fulled up with diesel. Went out a day later and now the truck won't start. I replaced the starter relay last night it has been bad I thought for a while. Because it would take two or three tries to get the truck to turn over. I checked the batteries both are showing 12 volts. Where to go next.