replacing front fenders "89" bronco

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 08:48 AM
poffutt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
replacing front fenders "89" bronco

89 EB 351

I went offroading and scraped my right front fender. I thought removing it would be easy. I can't even tell where to begin. Has anybody here replaced a front fender?

Old 10-13-2006, 06:10 PM
kenseth17
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't remember anything specific, since haven't replaced a ford truck fender in a long time, but there should be some on the top when you open the hood, believe some in front, you will have to remove the headlight/directional light to see them. And also along the wheel well area where it attached to the plastic wheel well apron. There should also be some on the bottom, maybe both front and rear. Not sure Ford trucks have any that go through the rear sideways that you can see when you open the door and look in the door jamb. A lot of cars have one there, but don't know about ford trucks. Also look if there are any braces it bolts to. Basically start removing bolts and try to remove and if It is not coming off look closer at where it is hanging up and not giving. Maybe pick up a cheap haynes{or other)manual. It may give locations of the bolts so you have a better idea where they are located and what you need to remove.