Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Elder User

Chance_Thomas is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bio Diesel Fuel Credit

Found this info in another forum. Has anyone ever used it with their taxes?
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8864.pdf
Old 08-20-2006, 05:28 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
[QUOTE=Chance_Thomas]Found this info in another forum. Has anyone ever used it with their taxes?
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8864.pdf[/QUOTE]

You can only claim the credit if your biodiesel supplier passes it on to you, OR, If you make Biodiesel and sell it as a blend you can claim the credit, but only if you join the National Biodiesel Board [ $5,000 per year! ]

The credit is not for "home-brewers", sorry..............

FABMANDELUX.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 08-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Junior User

Drag_N_Fly_One is starting off with a positive reputation.
Why would anyone use it? You would then be subjecting yourself to paying the 24.4 c gallon fed excise tax.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Posting Guru

adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.
i've heard somthing like, for every % of bio you use you get that many cents off per gallon as tax credit. example b20 would be a 20cent credit for every gallon of b20 you bought that calander year and b99 would be a 99cent credit, etc. Not sure if its true, and haven't really looked into it but got that impression from some people i talked too. Has anyone else heard this? I don't want to spread a rumor. As of now I try to keep all my reciepts when i buy BIO just in case.

2005 F350 6.0 (modded) ~450rwhp/900+ft/lb tq
1999 F350 7.3 (normal mods + 13" King Suspension on 40's)
1998 F150 (basic mods + 7" Suspension on 35's/Prerunner fiberglass and skidplace)
1994 Bronco (normal mods + 9" Coil Suspension on 35's)
Old 08-21-2006, 07:25 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
See post #2 above............YOU CAN'T USE THE CREDIT!

FABMANDELUX.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 08-21-2006, 07:25 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
credit, diesel, fuel