1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

2001-03 King Ranch owners: How's your leather?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 07:05 PM
2muchcoffeeman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001-03 King Ranch owners: How's your leather?

Well, the thread subject is the question. And before you tell me about the search function, every time I tried it the server comes back with a blank screen.

For those of you who have one of the previous-platform King Ranch F150s, how is the seat leather aging? I'm considering an 06 King Ranch and I'd like to know what my future looks like if I spend the extra bucks over the cloth-interior FX4 sitting next to it at the stealership.

Thanks!

Old 08-06-2006, 09:42 PM
RacingJake
New User
I don't have a king ranch but it's an 02 supercrew with tan leather seat. It has 92k when I bought it and the seat still feel firm and the only thing I notice was a few creases in the leather on the left side of the seat. Most likely from just getting into or out of the truck. If it wasn't for the creases you would swear they were brand new. So if the Ranch leather is better quality it should wear alot better.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:30 PM
2muchcoffeeman
New User
The leather on the King Ranch edition's seats is supposed to be saddle leather from the original King Ranch in south Texas. I'm just curious to see how it holds up under day-to-day usage over several years.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:42 AM
ggarrahan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2003 F150 King Ranch SuperCab with 30K. The leather used is not like leather in the Lariat, it is not finished in the same way. It is about twice as thick, but is VERY absorbant. In other words, don't spill anything on it. If the seats get wet, they get dark, then as they dry they return to the normal color. So, if you are careful with your cars, and don't get grease, oil, coffee, blood, wine, french fries,etc., on the seats, they seem to hold up just fine. The best way to clean the seats is to wipe them with a damp terrycloth rag, then treat with King Ranch leather conditioner (www.kingranch.com) about once every other month or so. The seats do age, and will darken with use. I've noted that the driver's seat is darker than the passenger seat as it gets by far the most useage. If you don't like to maintain your truck, don't get the King Ranch, it is more work without a doubt.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:50 AM
RacingJake
New User
Talking

Originally Posted by ggarrahan
If you don't like to maintain your truck, don't get the King Ranch, it is more work without a doubt.
I bet the cows on King Ranch love to hear that