Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Sight Of My New V10-sickened Me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:43 PM
crazyrwe
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry guys,still no call from the salesman,3 days and counting.I didn't call them at all.But I am friday if I don't hear anything by noon time.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:51 PM
4wd
Elder User
A crazy question for ya Crazy:

Why didn't you pester them with a phone call or visit or both today?

I'd be hot to trot to get that shinny new V-10 in front of me and eat up some roads.
Are you trying to build up a case for a war?

Pick up that phone man, call that salesman at his home, right now! Tell him you want that truck. Surely that paint has dried by now. Brush those perly whites. Forget about all the s-it, swallow your pride or whatever you call it, and call him now. Stoke the fires.

Old 07-13-2006, 05:52 PM
crazyrwe
Elder User
WOW,I didn't mean to start such a HOT thread on my own misfortunate problem.It's great to hear from you all though,thank you,Al.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:01 PM
crazyrwe
Elder User
Hey 4wd,and many others of this thread.I just spoke with the salesman,because after reading your reply 4wd I called them.He said the bodyman said since it's brand new they weren't going to blend it in,so they painted the whole door.Thats what's taking so long.Possibly friday or saturday.I'm guessing that it should look as good as it was when Ford painted it.I'll be in touch,thanks.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:14 PM
4wd
Elder User
Well it's up to you crazy. You can't learn much on here. I think lthere are a bunch of trial lawyers posting just muddying up the water. Get that two way conversation going again between you and that salesman. If you don't want to appearweak, or ready for anything they throw at you, then call him and give him some story like " Sorry to bother you at home Mr ----. I was away from the phone this afternoon, and was calling to find out the status of my new truck, just in case you were trying to get ahold of me and couldn't." That way you give the salesman a chance to make something up too as an excuse for not calling you, but, he also will tell you what is happening to your rig--- that will be the truth. I would end the conversation pleasantly after he blows a while and you blow back with small talk, but along with the true status of things, and leave him with "I will be by first thing in the morning to look at it". That way the pressure is on to perform tomorrow morning. Be ready to write that check for the balance due if everything is up to snuff. No funny business now. It is time to finish the deal once they say it is done and you're happy with it. If he can't meet in the morning, then pleasantly ask if afternoon is better, or maybe evening...Just keep shooting for a completion meeting. But above all else, call him tonight and cement things for tomorrow...stop this blind following the blind internet posts with lawyers, whatever, just get that deal done!

Then next month you will be posting on here what kind of a 5er to buy to pull on a August trip.

Call him Crazy-----now

Last edited by 4wd; 07-13-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:42 PM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So it sounds like rather then try and do it half$$$ they wanted to do it right. Kudos to them for doing it right. Shame on them for not keeping you informed.

Sounds like your BSEG Is only a few days away.

Props to you 4wd..good posts...

Last edited by CAFordDude; 07-13-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:46 PM
4wd
Elder User
I just read your last post

Good for you. Now you know something. I would follow up with a morning visit tomorrow to check on the truck, the true progress made in the body shop, and chat a minute with the body man about paints, drying, and when to wax, type of wax, etc. Now is the time to learn about what they are doing to your truck and how to perserve it. Ask questions, look, and learn. Be sure to show up tomorrow AM and look the rig over for anything else too. Sounds to me like Your deal is very close to completion. You'll like the paint, and will show that BSEG grin to all .

Old 07-13-2006, 06:56 PM
crazyrwe
Elder User
The body shop is the dealers,but it's some 20 minutes away from the dealer.So I'll have to call,or get down there another day to talk to the painter,oh I will too.I hope it's to compliment him.Yeah CAFORDDUDE,I think you said it,at least they're going about it the right way,thanks Al.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:58 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by supeRobertduty
Contracts work in both directions. If your paperwork I say paperwork because this is to order, not a purchase contract to buy.How can you sign a contract for a truck that does not have a vin or is even built ?. Can the dealer be taken to court if for some reason they can't deliver ? Lots of thing can happen from the time of order to delivery. Like all other retail sales the liabliaty should not be on the person placing the order but , the person filling the order. This offers an incentive to get it right.

Robert
You're correct- the back of the purchase agreement spells out specific rights and obligations of all parties involved. When you have money transacted with a transaction, it's no longer just paperwork- you have all the makings of a contract. The example you asked- can the dealer be sued for failure to deliver? In some cases, yes. Can the customer be sued for failure to take delivery? Again, in some cases, yes. The key words are "in some cases." Very few situations are cut-and dried.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:59 PM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Now I have to throw a monkey wrench into this picture !
They say there painting the whole door but really their blending and reclearing the whole door.
With todays type paint you can not paint from edge of door to edge of door and try to match paint to the panel next to it, unless its a non metalic paint.
It is just not done because of the way the metalics lay down in the paint they always reflect light differently.

This is not to scare you Crazy !!!!
But as 4wd has said go find out for yourself .
I still say it will be fine and will not make you anymore crazy!!!!!!!!!

Rich

Old 07-13-2006, 07:05 PM
crazyrwe
Elder User
I was thinking,hhmmm... will the body shop smell take away from the new truck smell? Maybe thats another thread altogether,just kidding.If thats what they mean FortyFords by painting the door,thats fine,I just want to see it & drive it,Al.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:08 PM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Now I'm going crazy !
thinking of a answer to your question ! about bodyshop smell vs new truck smell .Me I like both of them sweet chemical outgasing !!!!!!!!!

Rich

Old 07-13-2006, 07:12 PM
supeRobertduty
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by polarbear
You're correct- the back of the purchase agreement spells out specific rights and obligations of all parties involved. When you have money transacted with a transaction, it's no longer just paperwork- you have all the makings of a contract. The example you asked- can the dealer be sued for failure to deliver? In some cases, yes. Can the customer be sued for failure to take delivery? Again, in some cases, yes. The key words are "in some cases." Very few situations are cut-and dried.
Same Question :how do you sign a sales contract on a truck that has no VIN ?
and is not built ?
This is about a Order. NOT A SALES CONTRACT if i read this thread he did not buy the truck yet.
Robert

Old 07-13-2006, 07:59 PM
crazyrwe
Elder User
thats correct Robert I put down $2000 to build a F250 V10 lariat,non-refundable.The paper says i have examined all documents pertaining to my agreement to purchase this vehicle and am satisfied with these conditions of this vehicle,in a timely fashion,and to which my deposit will be applied. that's all i've got.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:08 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by supeRobertduty
Same Question :how do you sign a sales contract on a truck that has no VIN ?
and is not built ?
This is about a Order. NOT A SALES CONTRACT if i read this thread he did not buy the truck yet.
Robert
Sigh. I've only been doing this for thirty years.

From dictionary.com:

con·tract ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kntrkt)
n.

An agreement between two or more parties, especially one that is written and enforceable by law. See Synonyms at bargain.
The writing or document containing such an agreement.

The branch of law dealing with formal agreements between parties.
Marriage as a formal agreement; betrothal.

Last edited by polarbear; 07-13-2006 at 08:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Sight Of My New V10-sickened Me!