6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Bear Hunter's Truck Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Customz
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hootbro
Bet a cold beer that the truck was in Mexico within 6 hours of being stolen.

Hootbro
Of course, that goes without saying...

I was simply speaking of the less likely 2nd possiblity

Old 07-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Rwalker29
Junior User
Sorry to hear about your truck bro. I wish i could keep an eye out for it but due to me living in Utah i dont think i would be of any help. But i guess you never know, maybe they are going cross country. ( sorry about the humor, just trying to keep a smile on your face ). Anyway, good luck again, and i hope the F----R who stole it gets theirs 10 fold.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Bear Hunter
Posting Guru
Hey guys…Still nothing

I’m sorry that I’m not more active on the forums right now, I’m really just down in the dumps. The hardest part is just not knowing…. wondering where it is…. and what they have done to it.

I just want to let you know that I really appreciate the support, sharing your experiences, and all of you going out of your way for me like that. I read every post and it really means a lot....I want you to know that

Thank you,
Kevin

Old 07-09-2006, 03:07 PM
utahtom
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Real sorry to hear about your rig- Criminals need to look down the barrel of a 45 Automatic and realize that somebody worked damn hard to get whatever it is that they are trying to steal. I do know of one particular fella (thief) in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho that will definitely think twice before he ever tries to break into somebody's boat again in the middle of the night!

Last edited by utahtom; 07-09-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:32 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Kevin if it is not recovered do you have enough insurance to get a replacement.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:53 PM
89LX306
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Sorry to hear about the truck man. I remember seeing it at DI before the Diesel Nationals at HRP. My son wanted to "get in that big truck". There seems to be a lot of this going on around Houston right now. Another guy I know had his F350 stolen out of his driveway last week in the same general area of town.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:36 PM
caddys83
Mountain Pass
Sorry to hear that Bear Hunter, I hope they find your truck.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:01 AM
SoCalSuperDuty03
Elder User
Whatever kind of lame ********* that rips off anyones labor of love like that will definitely get theirs. That hurts me and I am 1500 miles away. My little girls would be just as heartbroken as me if "their" "Big Blue" was missing. Kevin my heart goes out to you and Hannah both, I am so sorry.

Tim

Old 07-10-2006, 04:23 AM
SoCalSuperDuty03
Elder User
Perspective

Kevin,
I know you are down in the dumps hard right now, I would be too, without a doubt. If you get the opportunity, go to the 94.5/97 Powerstroke forums and read 'Pray for my daughter....' by firemanp. Read at least the first two pages. It won't make you feel any better about your beautiful ride, but I can assure you it will take your mind off it for a few minutes, and make you want to hug Hannah extra hard and not let go.

Tim

Old 07-10-2006, 06:19 AM
texcan
Elder User
Dude I'm up around the Dallas Fort worth area and if I see your truck you'll get it back. hope like hell I spot it as I will find where they live and you and I will pay them a visit if you get the drift. Wish you the best of luck and pray you get it back. If someone ever took mine, don't even want to consider the thought. I'm with ya, if you fint the ba****rds give me a shout and we'll take care of them for ya.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:02 AM
BFR250SD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bear Hunter
Hey guys…Still nothing

I’m sorry that I’m not more active on the forums right now, I’m really just down in the dumps. The hardest part is just not knowing…. wondering where it is…. and what they have done to it.

I just want to let you know that I really appreciate the support, sharing your experiences, and all of you going out of your way for me like that. I read every post and it really means a lot....I want you to know that

Thank you,
Kevin
We're all pullin' for ya to get your baby back brother.

If they do find this little B___T___D, give a holler. I'll be more than happy to drive down and give a little SD "show of force" at the court house.

I bet a parking lot full of pissed off SD owners will more than make him think twice about trying it again.

I know it doesn't help much, but it's a new day brother! Keep your head up!

Rich

Old 07-10-2006, 07:02 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Old 07-10-2006, 08:46 AM
huntercgr
Posting Guru
Dang, sorry to read about this BH. A super looking truck. Good luck on a safe recovery.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:18 PM
semperstrokin
Senior User
Bear Hunter's Truck Stolen

Hey Bear I work in the Greenway Plaza area, I will defiantly keep an eye out for it, sorry to hear of your loss, I park in Edloe parking garage. </FONT>

Old 07-10-2006, 04:31 PM
chixdigit
Senior User
I really feel bad asking this question- AFTER the loss- but would you mind sharing what kind of security you had on your truck?
Maybe we can learn something from this horrible situation...

Did you have a Pager alarm? Did your pager go off? For the future, the pager alarms have a small antenna mounted somewhere in the thief's view, and if they are good enough to mess with a truck with an alarm, I am hoping that they recognize that antenna, and know that I will know when they are messing with my truck...And that I am on my way...

Did you have Jimmi-Jammers (which I know are not a big help), but everything helps if you ask me.. Just wondering if you had this piece of security and it still didn't help.
Jimmi Jammers are supposed to stop the scumbags from being able to pop the locks or pry under the door handle to get in... Just wondering if they really work...

What other kind of security did you have?

Again, I'm very sorry if this seem insensitive, and I REALLY do feel for you BearHunter. I had my F-150 broken into and they stole stuff from it about 3 years ago, and I felt HORRIBLE just after that.. I truly do feel for you, and wish you luck in a speedy recovery...

Quick Reply: Bear Hunter's Truck Stolen