Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Truck Pulling

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 01:08 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any updates Silver??? I am sure if all of your parts arrived that you are a busy boy putting it together. Hope to see you and the truck in Scribner and/or Wahoo.

Chris

Old 08-04-2006, 02:04 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What time do the pulls start? I'm going to try and get out to watch either tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by cowboywanabe; 08-04-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:42 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
SCRIBNER NE. FRIDAY AUGUST 4 @ 7:00

WAHOO NE. SATURDAY AUGUST 5 @ 7:30

FYI... Wahoo will have local trucks starting at 5:00 and then again after we are done.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:00 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Good to meet you Rob & good to see you again Jeff. The truck sounds good, still needs some tweeking (Trust me I know how that goes...)

Boy was it a long hot day. We had high hopes as we were told that this sled started off light and then dropped the hammer on you at the end but that wasn't really the case. As usual we just couldn't get over the top and really get some RPM's. We have a guy checking on a 5 speed for us this week and if we can afford it and have time we will switch before the Craig Ne, pull in September. Nothin' like going back to the drawing board.

Old 08-06-2006, 10:13 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Great to meet you Chris, the truck sure looks and sounds great. I'm sure you'll get everything figured out.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:33 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry I didnt make the pull guys. I heard they had double the trucks they did from last year. Soundedlike that cuased a lot off problems. The parking is a premium around there. It must have been packed. Safe to say they will probably start that thing earlier next yearor have two seperate nights for it. My bet is one day an starting at noon. I heard a storm blew in an they called the pull even before the diesel trucks got in there. If I know those guys they will make changes have some different rules an do things a bit different. An onslaught off extra trucks creates a lot off challenges. An you cant control peoples actions. Are you guys pulling anymore this year? Maybe I have a chance yet. Good Luck.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:59 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
We should be at Craig on 09/09 and possibly hit a couple of "other" western IA pulls before then so we can test different things.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:03 PM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
Just jumping in for an update. For any of you that where at the Wahoo pull you could tell I was having issues with the motor and guess what it was the cam again. Flatend three lobes on the new cam so it's time to tear down the motor and find out whats going on. I knew the new cam was not right the day before the pull but after all that work I wasn't about to give up the day before thats why we pulled it out with the four wheeler to get ever last second out of the cam but it was to late. Anyway had alot of fun and was happy the way everything else held up that and was able to pull a 4th out of 22 trucks in the light and a 3rd out of 18 in the heavy class with the silver truck so at least I got all my entry fees back. Good seeing you again CB.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:54 PM
The Freak
Senior User
Hey, what's up guys. Just caught on to this post. It's a little bit weird reading all this info four months after the fact, but it's still interesting. So what's new in the truck pulling world?? Kind of a down time huh.

For those of you that don't know me, I also have a four wheel drive that I pull in the modified classes. It's been apart for the last year and a half so most of you have probably never seen it. It's a 1973 Ford F250 called The Wood.

I actually live about 10 miles from SilverHiBoy. I recently got my newly built 498 c.i. fired up. It sounds pretty strong, but there is still alot of small things I need to do in the Spring. Also, I'm sure there will be alot of little things that pop up that a person can not plan for.

Some updates, the NPPA is going to have a rules meeting on Jan. 7th in Wahoo at the Eagles Club. They are also going to be pulling up in Sioux Falls on Jan. 20th.

Well, I just thought I would jump in and see what you guys have been up. Let me know what's in the makings for next summer.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Hey man I think I remember that truck or at least pictures of it. I am assuming that you will be back out this year, is that correct? What is new with Jeff (silver)? We are hoping to redo our front end. Got a body shop that wants to fix our body and repaint for us and then we are hoping to build a real motor for this summer but got a long ways to go before we see that. Waiting for the rules meeting to make sure nothing wild changes.

Chris

Old 12-20-2006, 05:13 PM
The Freak
Senior User
Yeah, I plan on tearing up some parts again this summer. I'm thinking this engine should do a little better job than the old 416 FE. I don't know what is up w/Jeff?? I talked to him a few months back. He stopped out at Tinker Toy's and checked out my truck/had a few beers. I'm anxious to hear what he has planned for next year!! I'm not sure if I'm going to pull with the association next year or stick to the local pulls or both?? I'm waiting to see what the rules meeting brings also. I'm thinking the s#$% is going to hit the fan in the modified street class. I guess we'll know in a few weeks.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:54 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Please let me know why you think it will hit the fan (either here or in a PM or email). I am also curious about this Soiux Falls thing (got any info). We don't get invited to those pulls but maybe next year with some better showings. LOL.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited by CBSuperduty; 12-20-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:46 PM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
Hey guys I'm still out here just not in the shop working on the truck every night actually since the last pull and the cam issues I pretty much drained the alcohol and parked it in the shed. Been catching up on the honey do's that built up during the pulling season. Anyway I seen the wood and it looked good Jamie put alot of work in that thing this past year to bad he didn't get a chance to run it but I would rather be in his shoes than rush thru the project like I did and have it do more damage than good. Oh well live and learn. My plans for next year are up in the air I honestly may sell the truck or part it out and build something that I have always wanted too a smoker. It's either dump some cash into the "headache" or put that money into a new one. Who knows with my current setup and the rules that the power pullers have I would be competeing against trucks with almost 2 times the hp and alot more mods to the drive train but I would like to join so that I would be able to show up and pull and not deal with different rules at different locations. Only time will tell.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:23 AM
The Freak
Senior User
Well, I guess I really shouldn't have said "hit the fan". I don't know if it will get that serious. I think the two main topics will be a change of c.i. most likely lowering. I think the second thing will be the discussion of allowing drop boxes in all 4wd classes excluding 'The Smokers'. Like I said, I don't know what will go on for sure, but I think as discussions get heated, other things will get brought up that went on this past year. As far as Sioux Falls goes, I really don't have a whole lot of information. It is going to be on Jan. 20th at the Sioux Falls Arena. I think the start time is 7:30 p.m. You can google the arena and look at their event dates and get some general info. There is going to be monster trucks and NTPA pulls also. Tickets are for sale on Ticketmaster. Prices are cheap with different selections of seating. I'm thinking more will info will be available at the meeting.

Hey Jeff, nice hearing from ya. I was going to try and get ahold of you one of these days and see if you would be interested in selling the 360 out of The Headache, but if you decide to go bigger and better, maybe I would be interested in buying more?? Just curious if you were going to be around for the rules meeting on the 7th?? If you were, I would talk to you there, kick back and have a few.

Old 12-22-2006, 11:11 AM
SilverHighboy
Junior User
I'm going to try and make the meeting and find out some more details. As for the motor I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it my original plan was to drop it in this half ton that I have with only 43,000 miles on it and it has a straight six. Who knows! If I decide to change directions on what I'm pulling I will need to get rid of a bunch of stuff I still have that mini rod rolling chassis sitting in the shed. Talk to ya later.

Quick Reply: Truck Pulling