1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

1972 Condor Motorhome

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 AM
cardwellent
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update

Just wanted to let everyone know I posted 3 pics of our Condor in the galleries. I would love to see some pics from the other condor owners here. We have done even more work since my last post including carb, distributer, coil, ballast resistor, voltage reg., and so on. I am thinking about getting rid of the points using an electronic ignition upgrade. Just about all of the engine repairs have been easy. We have used an f350 of the same year to get parts which we found has simplified the process of getting parts.
Check out the pics if you get a chance and as we do more work we will post more.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:46 AM
lizardman1
Laughing Gas
Received 126 Likes on 106 Posts
OK, I just figured how to flush the brakes on the Condor II. The reservoir for the brakes is located under the dash. It is a reservoir/ brake master unit which feeds the slave/booster. That is located under the frame driver side just behind the transmission. The slave has a bleeder on top, bled that first. Then was able to continue on to the wheel cylinders, furthest from the master first. Now the brakes are awesome. There is a vacuum gauge on the left side of the dash it reads 19 in/hg at idle , but when you apply the brakes the vacuum drops to 10 in/hg. It quickly recovers when put in park. This is a very simple brake system and works very well.

The Onan generator 6.5 KW works excellent and keeps up with electrical demands. The refrigerator works as well, but only when the generator is running. I will have to figure out if I can use an inverter for the fridge. It is huge at least 16 CF.

The dual roof mounted ac units are pretty cool. The rear unit works great putting out 35 degree air. The front unit however does not work so well. The compressor kicks in but the blower does not, furthermore the generator labors a bit too. I will connect to house current to figure out the problem.

The propane tank still has some pressure. The gauge reads 1/4, I will dive into that as soon I transport the Condor tomorrow. It is located about 6 miles from my home. I cant wait to drive it!

Ok I will update as things progress.

I will post a few picks of the old cruiser. One quick note: In the movie National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, cousin Eddie Played by Randy Quaid shows up in a Condor motor home.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:07 PM
clayman63
New User
condor ll

Hi all I am looking for a condor ll motor home. from the early 70s anyone out there have one to unload . my dad is 86 on the 24th and i thought this blast from his past would really make him laugh.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:08 PM
clayman63
New User
i am looking for a early 70's condor ll motor home anyone able to help?
Thanks

Old 08-12-2011, 11:10 PM
clayman63
New User
Originally Posted by cardwellent
Just wanted to let everyone know I posted 3 pics of our Condor in the galleries. I would love to see some pics from the other condor owners here. We have done even more work since my last post including carb, distributer, coil, ballast resistor, voltage reg., and so on. I am thinking about getting rid of the points using an electronic ignition upgrade. Just about all of the engine repairs have been easy. We have used an f350 of the same year to get parts which we found has simplified the process of getting parts.
Check out the pics if you get a chance and as we do more work we will post more.
I am looking for a condor ll can anyone help?
Thanks i am at Clayman63@aol.com

Old 08-12-2011, 11:12 PM
clayman63
New User
Originally Posted by lizardman1
OK, I just figured how to flush the brakes on the Condor II. The reservoir for the brakes is located under the dash. It is a reservoir/ brake master unit which feeds the slave/booster. That is located under the frame driver side just behind the transmission. The slave has a bleeder on top, bled that first. Then was able to continue on to the wheel cylinders, furthest from the master first. Now the brakes are awesome. There is a vacuum gauge on the left side of the dash it reads 19 in/hg at idle , but when you apply the brakes the vacuum drops to 10 in/hg. It quickly recovers when put in park. This is a very simple brake system and works very well.

The Onan generator 6.5 KW works excellent and keeps up with electrical demands. The refrigerator works as well, but only when the generator is

running. I will have to figure out if I can use an inverter for the fridge. It is huge at least 16 CF.

The dual roof mounted ac units are pretty cool. The rear unit works great putting out 35 degree air. The front unit however does not work so well. The compressor kicks in but the blower does not, furthermore the generator labors a bit too. I will connect to house current to figure out the problem.

The propane tank still has some pressure. The gauge reads 1/4, I will dive into that as soon I transport the Condor tomorrow. It is located about 6 miles from my home. I cant wait to drive it!

Ok I will update as things progress.

I will post a few picks of the old cruiser. One quick note: In the movie National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, cousin Eddie Played by Randy Quaid shows up in a Condor motor home.
can you help me find a condor ll for myself?
I am at Clayman63@aol.com Thanks

Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 PM
jandycus1
New User
condor used parts

we have a condor 1972 we would love to sell for parts if someone is interested

Old 10-28-2011, 12:39 PM
fordcondor1972
New User
Brake switch location???

I have 72 Ford Condor on a m500 Ford chassis. My voltage regulator went out awhile back and created mayham. I've fixed most of the issues but cannot seem to get the rear running light and brake light to work. The turn signals are working and that it. I am able to get to get rear running lights to work if I jump power from the main post on the headlight **** pull switch to the smaller post but it causes a major power charging drain. Also, where is the switch located that actuates the brake lights on the brake pedal?? Any advice would be appreciated.

Darren 714-642-2567

Old 10-28-2011, 12:41 PM
fordcondor1972
New User
where is it located???
Darren 714-642-2567.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:53 PM
fordcondor1972
New User
Hello, do you have a parts manual!!!!??? I need the part# for the stop light switch on a 1972 for condor. I'd really appreciate the help Darren

Old 11-01-2011, 02:09 PM
fordcondor1972
New User
I need a number!!!

Originally Posted by NumberDummy
Thru 1972, all Condor's were built on the P Series Parcel Delivery chassis. There were three chassis: P350, P400, P500.

In 1973, Ford came out with their own factory built Motor Home, assembled at the Louisville KY plant.

The Ford Motor Home was built on two different M Series chassis: M450 & M500.

The 1973/79 Ford LIGHT Truck Parts Catalog has ALL the part numbers...and illustrations...for the M Series.

This not only includes the chassis and powertrain parts, but such things as the refridgerator...and the toilet!

This catalog is available on a CD from hipoparts.com and besides the M Series, has all the 1973/79 F100/500 & Econoline parts listed.

I have this catalog...need anything...just ask.

Hi Bill,
Hello, do you have a parts manual!!!!??? I need the part# for the stop light switch on a 1972 for condor. I'd really appreciate the help Darren

Old 09-02-2012, 01:07 AM
CondorII
New User
Originally Posted by NumberDummy
I remember when these were new...do you have any Ford VIN info? The VIN and data plates were on the floor boards near the drivers seat, on the "firewall," or in the glovebox. If you can get me the front brake size, I might be able to figure out what you have for brakes and suspension parts.

If this is an F350 Chassis, it will have either front disc brakes or drums with shoes 12 x 3. The front suspension on an F350 from 1967 up, uses Twin I Beams. The older chassis from 1966 and earlier, has a solid front axle.

Been trying to PM you but the site will not let me for some reason. Would love to talk to you about our 1973 Ford Condor II. Trying to figure out our chassis..and would like to figure out bushings and lug nut studs.

Please call or text me, Beth 918-313-0863

Old 06-15-2014, 10:56 PM
simplytk
New User
1973 CondorII Motorhome

I have a 1973 CondorII Motorhome that I'm looking to sale, basically just for the engine and transmission (though at this time I'm not sure of the engine size) The inside has horrid water damaged. Though if someone wants to buy it for parts, I will need the entire motorhome removed from the property. It's in South Texas.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:21 AM
CondorII
New User
we're interested

We're interested..please call or text me. Beth 918-815-5907

Originally Posted by simplytk
I have a 1973 CondorII Motorhome that I'm looking to sale, basically just for the engine and transmission (though at this time I'm not sure of the engine size) The inside has horrid water damaged. Though if someone wants to buy it for parts, I will need the entire motorhome removed from the property. It's in South Texas.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:48 AM
CondorII
New User
Originally Posted by CondorII
Been trying to PM you but the site will not let me for some reason. Would love to talk to you about our 1973 Ford Condor II. Trying to figure out our chassis..and would like to figure out bushings and lug nut studs.

Please call or text me, Beth 918-313-0863
new number 918-815-5907

Quick Reply: 1972 Condor Motorhome