Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Pa General Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 06:48 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soondg
They say if you throw enough s**t against the wall some will stick.
I just wind up with dirty walls.

haha, now thats funny....

Old 06-12-2006, 10:04 PM
soondg
Postmaster
come on guys, lets start chatting it up, have to create activity so the moderators and administrators know we're serious about a pa chapter.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:43 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Matt,
I don't take myself seriously enough to be hard on myself, everybody else maybe, but not myself. That would be great if you could whoop the others at the pulls, Pa Chapter would rule for sure.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:53 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
Ford nationals this weekend......took the truck out last night for a little off road expedition.....their used to be a creek that ran through my unchels land....well, i erased it......now the whole field is flooding out....OOPS, guess those Pro-Comp X-Terrains really dig....hahaha, so now i have to take the back-hoe up there and re-dig the creek

Old 06-13-2006, 12:18 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Hope your uncle has a sense of humor. Just blame it on the impetuosity of youth and a really neat truck. You just couldn't help yourself, the frontal lobes haven't fully developed yet.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
what frontal lobes....i had them removed......just got off the phone with him.....he's not happy.....not really mad just wants his creek back.....so, i'm heading out early to get the back-hoe and go fix it.....going to take some time on the machine to fix this mess......he said it looks like their was never a creek there at all......FORD POWER!!!!

Old 06-13-2006, 01:52 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Can you pop wheelies in a backhoe?

Old 06-13-2006, 01:59 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
haha, thats funny you said that....my buddy was at the house over the weekend....i was takign out some rocks i keep hitting with the tractor when mowing the grass.....he comes over and is watghing me work at the rocks then we go back up to the house to celebrate with a few beers for burying the rocks.....so, on the way up he yells do a wheelie....so, i throw it in high gear and into third and let the clutch fly......instantly......FRONT in the air and the hoe digs into the grass behind me and keeps it up there....then it lets go and the tractor falls back down to the ground......

so, to answer your question....YES, they do wheelies....GOOD ONES

Old 06-16-2006, 01:27 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Went to the Doobie Bros. concert last night, it was great. Couldn't believe the amount of people that showed up or the age groups. There where three generations there and everyone just rocked out, no real problems, even though alcohol was available. It's amazing that a group who's first hit was 30 something years ago still sounded so tight and appeals to such a wide audience. Wish McDonald was there though. The opening group was entertaining as well, I believe their name CryWolf. It was neat seeing a bunch of sixties leftovers all hippied out rocking to the music. I even saw someone i knew from my teen years hitchhiking around living the free love lifestyle of sixty nine there. No, i did not approach them, some people do not want to relive those days, especially when they're with their boyfriend( more on that later, maybe ). Also checked out a lot of nice trucks in the parking area, didn't see any signs of gas problems there, Fords definetley where the majority with a large number of diesels. Wish i had some flyers to stick in windshields( there i go again, shameless promoting ). Now i'll have to spend the next three days recuperating, it's those older bones acting up. Oh well! you only llive once and like the old saying goes-"There aint nuttin to it but to do it"

Old 06-16-2006, 01:44 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
cool, sounds good......i was at a local club over the weekend and they had a Led Zepplin band there....i forget the name of the band but they are known throughout the country for their concerts......THEY WERE AWSOME.....played lots of songs and it was a great time....

Old 06-16-2006, 02:20 PM
04F250PSD
Junior User
Question PA Chapter

I live in PA and would be interested in joining the chapter. Where would it be located.

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

Thanks

Old 06-16-2006, 05:22 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Hi 04F250PSD,
It's located right here in the Mid-Atlantic Chapter PA General Discussion Thread or any other thread posting related to the PA Chapter. There is also a thread started by
Gui88ford in the General Discussion area listed under the chapter headings entitled PENNSYLVANIA CHAPTER, just post up on any of them. We are waiting for our chapter to become official, we have to have a GTG and also elect a chapter leader, then it's up to the administrators. Once they give the greenlight all those that expressed a desire to belong will be notified and included as chapter members. Then the fun begins, so welcome aboard.

Joe
Soondg

Old 06-19-2006, 02:05 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Hey, Hey, Hey,
I got back on line. My ISP disappeared along with all my security programs, still having some problems with my recovery files. Can't seem to get into them with any of my security programs and fix the problem, also my Adobe reader files are fractured or something, everytime i try to load the update it tells me the file is corrupted? Felt like a junkie without their fix not being able to get online, whoever thought going to truck sites could be so addictive. Maybe i need to get a real life, get out and drive my truck more often. Oh wait, it's not done yet. I gave it to a shop last year to get it road ready, install new timing chain and gears, new engine seals, new axle seals, remove the old engine, install the new(used) one, new steering box, pitman arm and some other things i don't remember right now. It's not all their fault, i was injured last year and told them they could take their time since i had to recover, but now i'm getting anxious to see the truck parked at my house and not their shop. I have a lot of patience but now it's getting old and i don't want to create hard feelings, I use these guys for a lot of stuff and they always come through for me, it's just this thing with getting my truck done. I can't do any of my own work anymore, not that i'm a mechanic, but with help and instruction from those that know i've always been able to get things done with my own two hands. Well i'll still play nice and try to believe that all good things come to those that wait.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:25 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
tell them about it....you have more patience than me....i would of freaked a while ago....friend or no friend he would of heard how i felt about it.....

Old 06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Your right Chris, normally i'm a real A type personality, don't stop until i get done what i set out to do, get in someones face if needed. But this is a different situation, like i stated in the other post, i was injured and told them they didn't have to rush. They've worked on other vehicles of mine and other members of my family and always got them done promptly. This truck was a project of sorts and doesn't afford them much profit, they are not a large shop and do need to attend to the more immediate jobs to keep their lights on. Having been in business i know how that can be. Now that the weather has changed and the shows are coming around i am just anxious to drive my truck, also i'm able to climb in and out of it now. I'll still have to do some exterior and interior work, but that doesn't affect drivability. Will need to get an A/C system and sound system though. 90 plus degrees in a truck can really kick your butt, i've lived with that before, but no sounds may be more than i'll be able to handle.

Quick Reply: Pa General Discussion