Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Too quiet here, lets make some noise.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 10:08 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Too quiet here, lets make some noise.

The Kansas chapter has been too quiet for the last while. Let's make some noise. What car/truck shows are you going to attend. What activities are you planning this month and the first part of June. Let's make some noise.

I'm keeping busy working on the last project a 78 Bronco that will mostly be for off road stuff.

This weekend is busy with graduations of a nephew.

I cruise on friday nights with the local car club and usually drive the tbird in my signature.

That car club has a car show coming up on the first sunday in June if your in the area.

How's that for a start....

Old 05-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Thomasm67
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Del if i have the money and the not working i'm up for anything but right now i'm fighting to keep my eye lids open.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:32 AM
n001pa
Senior User
I've been busy on my '69. I have everything but the headers which should be here Monday. I still have alot of work to do but I'm getting there.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:58 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Jr. is about ready for street service. Going to be a while before it see's the trail. And street use will be very limited. Needs exhaust and the tranny leak fixed to run on the street. For the trail it needs the drivers floor welded up. Front shock towers welded in place. New rear high angle driveshaft. New longer slip front drive shaft. Front end ride height adjusted with coil spacers. Different shocks (longer front maybe shorter rear). Cut out flares installed and paint. Bumpers.

Dang that is the shortest list ever.

Have the Wichita gtg today and picked the stuff up for that last night.

I'd like to get out to Colorado in August and September and then out to Utah
in October. Have to see if I feel up to it or not.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:23 AM
klatt_89
Elder User
I just recently purchased a 1978 F-150 Ranger with a '71 400 M-Block making around 260+hp and 400 on the tq side. Just been staying busy with work, school, hobbies, and the truck.

Dustin

Old 05-13-2006, 12:02 PM
74 bronco
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Been buisy at work and doing alittle work on Jr. I plan on going to wanoka, OK to little sahra first weekend of June and maybe a little vaction the week before.

Old 05-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Atta boy Del! The Marysville car show is coming up June 3. I will be at the Knights food stand grilling burgers and brauts.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:45 AM
husker
Hotshot
Hey, Dan, my wife has to work that weekend, so I'll probably come up with the Tbird and I'll look you up. Marysville and Manhattan have what they call the M&M car shows that weekend and do publicity together and try to support each others car show. The show in Marysville is on saturday and the one in Manhattan is on sunday in the city park on Poyntz street. Manhattan's show is for vehicles "85 and older and registration is in the morning, $20. Lots of trophies, door prizes, and raffles.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:30 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Well Clint has the rear shocks and brakes on Jr. Tires and wheels also. Yesterday went out and mover one of the heater hoses. It was being rubbed by the fan belt. We put the gas tank skid plate on it. I stay straped the tranny and t-cases vent tubes up. Now it won't start. Cleaned an the terminals and charged the battery. Need to get the optima out and see if the battery is bad.

Just need to replace the master cyclinder and flush out the old brake lines. Then hook up the new lines to the old section of hard lines and blead the brakes. Need to run the vent lines for the front and rear axles. Then a trip to the exhaust shop. Take it by the tranny shop and have the tranny checked out. Then have it aligned. I really should get a new high angle rear driveshaft for it. At full suspension drop on the rear the rear drive shaft binds. So if I hit a bump too fast on the street the rear bounces I could bind up and break the t-case. And I need to hook up the new speedo cable and put the correct speedo gear in.

Then I can worry about things like coil spacers for the front axle to level it out. Longer front shocks. Maybe a cross member mod. Bumpstops. Body work and paint. And a bit of welding here and there.

A few other technical things for off roading and I need to build a console for my T-case shifter.

Then Jr. will be ready for it's first 4x4 trip.

Old 05-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You are correct Del, it is the M & M car show. We just placed our order for 500 brats and 500 burgers. Too early to know how many cars will be there.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:02 PM
husker
Hotshot
Ok, who else has stuff going on. Let's keep makin some noise. Dan, I'll see you on the 3rd in Marysville. Usually both shows are pretty good with 100+ cars and trucks.