1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Is it Rare or is it Just a Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 09:06 AM
Lives4speed
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this 71 or 72 Crew Cab (4door) F250 short bed FS recently. The engine was apart, the hood was off, and overall not in the best of shape. I inqired about the price of the truck via email and the reply I received was rather shocking. The owner said that the truck was RARE and he wanted $1500 for it :-staun . He claims it is RARE because he had not seen too many short box Crew Cabs. Can anybody give me a clue as to the value? I'm just looking for a pick up to replace my POS van with that I can haul the trash, other cars, and the family at the same time without payments . I can get the data plate info if that would help. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Eric
1980 POS Econoline

Old 06-01-2002, 03:11 PM
72_ford
Junior User

If my memory serves me right back in the day all of the crewcabs were made with short boxes, but my memory might be tricking me.

Old 06-01-2002, 08:18 PM
Skipstowin
Senior User

Eric,

Yes a 67-72 crew cab is rare but I think $1500 is too much considering the condition you describe.

All the F-250 CCs I have seen are short box up to the 97's. There were some F-350 CCs made in 67-72 model years with a long box. There is a beauty on this message board, a Mercury from Canada.

There have been discussions here about "rare" visa/vis "valuble" and they aren't always mutually exclusive. I'm nuts about my 68 CC, a rare truck, and it's very valuble to me but I paid a lot less for mine in much better shape than the one you describe. Indeed, the above F-350 was a lot less, too according to the owner. Frankly, I'm glad these CCs seem to be less "valuble"...I was able to get mine cheap but I didn't get it to make money.

I'll repeat what a lot of guys have said before, if it's really what you want...buy it. If you're buying it as an investment, look elsewhere. Hope this helps.

Skip

Old 06-01-2002, 09:58 PM
Mike W
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post