1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Dash and Tail Lights OUT!!!! Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Txfishermn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash and Tail Lights OUT!!!! Help

My 96 and I hit a bump one night. My headlights went out! So I went home and replaced the headlight switch. Now I have no dash lights or tail lights, or even parking lights! Fuse is fine too. Is there a relay or something?

Old 04-11-2006, 12:06 PM
DaBigTow
Elder User
No relays that would affect all the lights. Relay only used in trailer-tow package. I'd suspect a loose wire at the switch.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:38 PM
trike1946
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pull the plug off the switch and look at it for burnt or loose wires. Or look for a bent prong on the switch.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Txfishermn
New User
Found It!

I replace the Maxi fuse, a 25 amp fuse (both under the hood) and the 25 amp fuse in the dash. This was after I found a rubbed wire from my trailer connector in the bed. Must have done something quick to burn all those at once.

I'll tell you guys this. Don't buy those cheap switches for your headlights. I had to go back and get a Borg/Warner. The chinese switch played my radio when I turned off the truck. I could switch on my parking lights and the radio would go off. After putting the voltmeter to it I found the switch would short to the ignition connector on the switch. Pretty schweet!

Thanks so much for everyones help. I felt like I had covered the bases but knew I could count on more help from this site!