New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

I heard from SEMA

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 04:30 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I heard from SEMA

I received an email from SEMA - there are 4 bills to ban brush guards! Apparently, each bill has 2 sponsors - 1 Assemblyman/woman & 1 Senator. We need to watch BOTH these bill #'s! Here's a quote from the email:

There are currently four bills before the New York Legislature dealing with brush/grill guards. Here’s a brief description of the bills and their sponsors:

AB 10000 / SB 7144: Prohibits grille guards that attached to the chassis of a motor vehicle. Failure to comply will result in a fine and failure of motor vehicle inspection. Sponsors: Assemblymember Lafayette / Senator Larkin

AB 10116 / SB 7094: Prohibits the use of grill or brush guards on motor vehicles operated on public highways or streets, does not apply to farm vehicles. Sponsors: Assemblymember Fields / Senator Stavisky

So far the only "data" references I can find are from Australia. PLEASE help me search for US data!!!!!
PLEASE WRITE/CALL THE BILL SPONSORS & REGISTER YOUR OPPOSITION!!! Just stay calm & polite & they WILL listen!

Old 04-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Ang - has Assemblymember Fields offered any assistance with the name and contact info of the downstate group or access to the so called "data" that they used to base the bill on? If they can't or won't provide it, then I would have to say that their support of us is "very" suspect and we can't trust them. Where are we on this with them?

Old 04-05-2006, 08:37 PM
cowlady
Elder User
I emailed her assistabnt & am waiting to hear back. I'm still going to look on my own though.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Ang - Thanks for the update. I have been extremely busy both at work and home so I have not been able to do much lately. I did get an email back from Warn and they are working directly with SEMA on this. Did SEMA give you an idea what they are doing and what we can do with them on this besides just contacting the NYS committee members?