The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Immigration Law

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:03 PM
bassproguy07
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yah, theres A LOT of them in California, but you see more there cuz its more of a concentrated place. The one reason theres a lot down there is the drugs, and the ease of getting across the border. Agents cant patrol every mile of fence every second, so once they pass the mexicans come a runnin!! But the border isnt that secure, like I said we went on a church trip down there and one of the kids who jus got out of jail/bootcamp who was supposedly reformed was allowed to go on the trip, well of course he bought weed down there and brought it back later to get caught with it and no longer allowed on a church trip again! I could have bought like 5 logs of copenhagen and brought it over and not been searched, jus tell em your with a church group and they let you pass.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:14 PM
hunter1988
Senior User
yeah, we did a trip to Agua prieta... the border patrol got used to us going back and forth to pick up supplies we had on the US side...

Old 04-05-2006, 05:55 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
I normally NEVER post in here, however I am reading this thread with a lot of interest.
I ….being a bit older (by a factor of 2 or 3) find this to be very informative as to how... the next generation sees problems like this.

Very nice …keep it going.

Old 04-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Josh88Ford
Elder User
I just heard this, but thought it was...odd

On some parts of the border, the border patrol requires people passing to have a loaded gun in the front seat because of mexicans. You told not to stop, run them over if they are in the middle of the road because if you stop for them, the odds of them killing you, and taking all your stuff is quite high.

Daily jobs of picking up dead bodies along the borders.....

Old 04-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Jmudder79
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as immigrants in general go, if they are here legally, fine. Congratulations. Welcome to the U.S. of A. As far as the new bill goes from what I can see the second they set foot over the border without the proper papers they broke our laws. If you break the law you should be punished. People are freaking out over punishing people whose first act in our country was a crime.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:40 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
break the law, be punished, that is how america works and succeeds. if someone enters the country illegally or overstays their visa, they should be punished PERIOD!

this whole "escaping from poverty" thing is stupid, the USA can not take in the entire world, just not enough room. and also, when mexico had the elections, they election booths in the US for mexicans to vote and hardly none did, once again showing they have no interest in helping themselves out.

the protests, all the mexican flags, they surely shot themsleves in the foot, illegally coming to the USA to protest the US's laws?!?!

the only poeple who vouch for illegals and the temp worker program are middle men who get cheap labor, relatives or someone who is emtiionally attached to an illegal.

economics; they say we need illegals for economic reasons, even though its against the law to hire illegals and such. also, when was meat packing, mowing the grass and picking fruit a corner stone of american industry? i have not seen a price decrease do to illegals working, once again proving to me the middle man is getting the cut.

also, this same economic situation was the same argument they used to support slavery "we need slaves to do the jobs" well, america didn't fall after slavery and it won't fall after we close the borders.

aztlan, if i hear one more mexican scream"aztlan!" i am going to go crazy, wonderful, they come here and now got some pro-defacto independence thing going with their reclaimation of the land they say is theirs. good job america.

what have been the benefits of immigration is such a large scale? from florida, to texas to california, it seems to me its been more of a burden than anything else, but the law makers in D.C. don't see that, they don't see the way these people has turned their neighborhoods into the excact replica of what they tried to run from. my mom use to work at Taylor C.I. she worked their for many many years, she said there has been a ten fold increase in the amount of prisoners there, mostly immigrants(legal and illegal) mostly from haiti and cuba. i can just imagine what the other prison sytems in the SW are like also.

the schools, constantly turning into gang land between immigrant groupsm special classes on teaching english not ot just newcomers, but to 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants as well, because they still just speak spanish in the household. the school systems are being overburden by this and many other things asspociated with immigration.

and to get off my soap box, my wife is an immigrant, we had to spend 4 months in kyrgyzstan/kazahkstan to get her legally into the country, and at a costs of lots of money also. so i am all for immigration, but it must be done legally, just like my wife and many others did.