Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Barrie Flea Market - What we saw

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 08:33 AM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barrie Flea Market - What we saw

Well we just got home from our annual trek to the Barrie Flea market. For those of you who couldn't go I thought I would share what we saw and bought. Guess what I took my camera! so you get to check out the pics as well. I had to make em small in the gallery cause I'm on dial up so if you are interested in any of the shots let me know and I will blow it up for ya.
Barrie is really a great show. Well organized and you can walk it in 1 day. If you have never been I strongly recommend it for anyone looking for tools and parts. Is the stuff overpirced? Of course it's a flea market..... so rule #1 you never pay what they are asking.
Anyhow hope you enjoy what we have to offer.

Trucks we saw that stood out include the following. (if the years are wrong don;t shoot the messenger, I only pledge to get close when it comes to years) and we tried to take shots of older somewhat unique stuff.
1961 Mercury - Stunning truck. Red I had to take a picture it stopped me in my tracks. Not for sale
1961 Econoline truck - My wife loves yellow and spotted this one from a mile away. Ok shape, definetly unique. They drove it there and you could drive it home for 5400 OBO (<--I think this was the price)
1962 Unibody longbox - From the cab back was good by Canadian standards. The front had been smashed 1200
1948 Farmtruck - Complete flatbox workhorse, 4500$
1961 Falcon Ranchero - Cab back pretty good shape the front had seen some bondo - 6900$
1971 F100 custom short box. The colour stopped us on this one. Not for sale.

You can check them out here
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...&albumid=17908

We also saw a 1956 panel from down south but had no price so I took no picture. No sense teasing the masses. There were alot more but these we felt were worthy.

AS for the deals I thought I did OK
- Craftman sockets 1/2" from 18 mm to 30mm with 2 big wrenches. Brand new. Guy wanted 35 got em for 30
- A bunch of plastic bins used to hold money rolls. 40 of em for 5$, will be handy in the shop. They are like 6"X6" and 3 " high.
- One of the Equus tune up sets with timing light compression tester, etc. Wanted 20 got it for 15$. Dusty but never used, still had the 99$ CT sticker on it.
- Door plastic for my Mustang 5$
- An antique rake for the missus 10$ (NO haggle at all on this one, can't win em all)
- A key for my lawntractor 1$
- 2 impact extensions long & medium 5$

Can't wait for next year the 10$ admission is well worth it,

later
TFC

Old 09-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear you had fun !!!!!

I haven't been to an auto flea market since the early 90s.
After having been to Hershey, PA. twice, the one at the Markham Fairgrounds was tiny by comparison. The september show & sale at Hershey was so huge that you had to have a map (and yes, they did sell them) of the vendors to help you find what you were looking for. Definately not a one day walk-about. The car show at that one had around 1700 entrants. Just the vendors of pedal cars & parts would fill a school yard. Huge, huge, huge.
If by some miracle you got through all you needed to see before the weekend was over, you could go in the Hershey chocolate factory outlet & get bags of goodies.
Maybe Waterford will be interesting.
AL.
P.S. Thanks for the phone call Chuck. We had lots of fun at the Orono Demolition Derby today.

Last edited by Dealford; 09-11-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,384 Likes on 1,140 Posts
Thanks for all those great Ford/Mercury photos, enjoyed looking. Really liked the 71, yes it is a neat colour. The rest were nice too.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:21 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the snapshots.
I have been going to the spring and fall show in Barrie for the past three years. Had to miss this one due to a friends illness but I will definitely be going to Waterdown (no Al not Waterford, that comes later). Waterdowns a lot smaller but you can still find treasures.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:34 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Jeff.

Frank, when is the Waterdown swap meet?

Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have it as the 24/25 of Sept.

http://www.waterdowncarshow.com/

Old 09-12-2005, 02:08 PM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Written down on the calendar now... looks like an interesting and well-attended show.

Thanks for the link.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:32 AM
lancer
Elder User
ya Barrie was pretty good. We had vendor sites for 4 days. Alot of tire kickers this year. Last year wasalot better for us. That blue short box was a nice truck. Bought it off ebay. I won't tell ya he paid for it. It would make you cry!

Old 09-13-2005, 07:59 PM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Hey Lance I didn;t get talking to the guy with the blue short box it was late in the day. How far south did he have to go to get that thing. Was it less than 3500 CDN? Ebay makes the world a small place.

To bad we didn't get together, were you in the orange field?

TFC

Old 09-14-2005, 05:13 PM
lancer
Elder User
Yes i was in the orange field. Our site # was 1W7. One of my buddies that was with me new one of the guys on the site were old blue was. He said it came from Oshawa and the guy apparently bought it for $1950.00. He was the only bidder. What a sweet deal or what!! You had a vendor site to didn't you? P.S. Not sure if that was US or Canadian but still one hell of a deal either way!!!

Last edited by lancer; 09-14-2005 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:00 PM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
No vending we were spectators. I'm thinking of getting a spot next year. I know we will definetly be vending in Arthur it's more our style.

1950$... That guy made like a bandit on that deal. CDN or US makes no difference the truck was well worth it either way.Good for him I hope he enjoys the truck, it was a pleasure to look at.

Tks for the info Lance, we will hook up for sure next year or in the spring meet?
TFC

Old 03-05-2006, 12:14 PM
CowboyPenner
Elder User
I was at the Sept. show with my dad and a friend. My dad picked up a few things. The thing that made it all worthwhile was the chrome grille I found. We had just decided we'd had enough...it's hard pushin' for a guy in a wheelchair...and we'd do one last row and there it was. The guy bought it the year before thinking it would fit his dad's F150. He wanted $75 and I paid him $60.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
The Next Date....

Should be June 1-4.
AL.
http://www.burlscreek.com/

Last edited by Dealford; 04-28-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:49 AM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
[QUOTE=Dealford]Should be June 1-4.
AL.
http://www.burlscreek.com/[/QUOTE]

im gonna be there... i HOPE i can maybe find an old steel body truck or car to work on.... pre 40's... but im not holding my breath its time for a hot rod dammit!!! lol

Old 04-29-2006, 07:36 AM
lancer
Elder User
Hey lilmustangeboy. You'd be suprised at what you'll find there. Always 2 or 3 guys with a trailer load of old not touched steel bodies. If your seriuos i'm sure you'll find something!