Modular V10 (6.8l)  

2006 V10 Delays

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 07:13 AM
4wd
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Fred is a little behind the curve here, as a couple of weeks ago, Jeff notified us all he has left the Ford dealership in NY where he was employed, and is selling BMW's and Rovers now. Read his swan song up in the new buyer's section.

But, gladly, Polarbear is still very much alive and dealing on here with FTE members and all. You can reach him direct by sending him a private message at the upper right corner of the page. He is up in the N.W. US.

Old 03-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Look for both of them up in the "New Ford/Lincoln/Mercury buyer" forum.

Both have good contact info, Jeff is out in New York state and I think Polarbear is in Oregon.

They can be trusted to steer you right even if the sale don't go to them. But respect that too many e-mails and personal hand holding takes away form the time they can spend with paying customers. Usually not a big problem but every now and then some one wants to Bogart their time for free and that ain't fair to either of them. But do not hesitate to ask for advice, they are happy to help any way they can.

There are a few sticky posts up there and most ordering, rebate, X plan Pin number and general questions have been asked and answered so many times that it is not productive for either of them to keep answering the same thing.

Sounds like you are well into the ordering process so compare what you already know with how the process is supposed to be handled. Not a good sign that your dealer is already BSing you, but it may be salvageable if you go back totally informed and get him/her to understand you have options and knowledge.

Old 03-04-2006, 07:33 AM
captchas
jeff had to go to greener fields after the employie price deals hurt his pocket book but still offers great advise and can be reached though his personal web site.
http://www.carbuyersedge.com/home.asp kitie has replace him with a andy who has not seemed to post like jeff yet. but with no hands down we still have pollarbear helping out and he will do as promised, just remember he's west coast time zone so please take that into account when looking for his researched reply today.
always! take a good look at the new buyers section theres lots more great advise to be found in that area.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:49 AM
rob17
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll bet the dealership delayed the sale in order to show the sale in March rather than February and they are just making up a reason.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
4WD

Thanks for the save... have not been up there for several months...pity I liked Jeff's no BS help a guy out attitude.

I owe Jeff and PolarBear a LOT. They scooped me on a lot of detailed info that helped a lot when I went to the evil dealer to get the equipment I needed (new truck). Information and knowledge is power and they both increased my levels so much it is probably never fully repayable.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:10 AM
AlwaysBulkin
Junior User
Just got the order confirmation faxed to me by the dealership and the order date is 2/25, so it looks like they did their part correct. I guess this means that there is something up with the V10's like he said.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 AM
AlwaysBulkin
Junior User
Okay, I just got off the phone with the dealership and have more details. They say that there has been an abundance of orders for V10's this year and they are super close to a closeout for the year on delivering V10's. They will know more in the next week for exact numbers and how many more Ford can produce, if at all. The orders with Ford currently have exceeded the allocated amount this year, so the only hope for my truck being built and delivered is that some other truck orders will get cancelled because of the hold. He said that the closeout for V10's is normally May, so they are a bit early this year. They claim if Ford goes over the allocated amount then the federal government comes down on them with fines, etc.

Can anyone else shed some light on this and confirm or deny the dealerships claim?

Old 03-04-2006, 11:28 AM
someday
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
u can get an 07 in july/august or maybe earlier if they build them sooner than expected...i doubt that there would be fines, but the gov does some stupid stuff sometimes...i know a dealer in texas or pb could have it shipped to your local dealer

Old 03-04-2006, 12:20 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Thanks for the kind words guys.

OK- back to the V10 question. As of 3/3, which is the latest Ford dealer communications, they don't show any matierial constraints for the V10. What they are showing for shortages are :

Harley Davidsons
Non-Crew Cab SD orders
20" Wheels

What may be slowing things down is the general allocation process. Some dealers may be in a situation where they have more orders than earned allocations- I deal with this on the Chevy side constantly (Corvettes & HHR's).

Old 03-04-2006, 04:38 PM
AlwaysBulkin
Junior User
Non-crew SD's - I'm ordering a SuperCab long bed, so I guess that fits. I'll give these guys a week and see what's up. PolarBear, I'll contact you if they can't get it done.

Old 03-04-2006, 04:40 PM
captchas
polar bear
are they going to start the 07's early because of the 08 coming out in jan or feb. so to show a better 07 model run before the new body comes out ? there was word of a short 06 or 07 run last year in the rumor mills

Old 03-04-2006, 05:41 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
That's the word I got- the '07 will basically be a '06 with a different VIN. The '08 will be the new bodystyle (really a refresh) with the 6.4. That should happen right after the 1st of the year, so '07 will be a short model year.

Old 03-04-2006, 05:56 PM
captchas
thank you ernie. thats some very good words to hear. just may be why the dealer is saying that. a early 07 run. for the very early 08 body.

Old 03-11-2006, 08:20 PM
CHEROKEE GYPSY
Freshman User
I got mine in 4wks.came feb 15th.

Old 03-12-2006, 01:45 PM
captchas
good luck with your ride man. and welcome to the bseg club. "big s-it eating grin"

Quick Reply: 2006 V10 Delays