1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Pathfinder Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 01:10 PM
nationm
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Pathfinder Tires

I found a Discount Tires location in Atlanta that carries a tire made by Pathfinder. The two styles I've looked at made by Pathfinder are the Sport SUV and the Trail A\P. Does anyone know anything about Pathfinder tires in general? Do they hold up well. I cannot find a webpage or much info on the web for these.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:31 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
Never heard of those before. Werent you the one what was just asking about the Liberators?

Old 02-09-2006, 02:55 PM
nationm
Freshman User
Pathfinders

Yeah I was also asking about the Liberators. I did a quick search on this forum but couldn't find anything about the Pathfinders. Not sure I want the Liberators only because I don't like giving business to Wal-mart.

Old 02-09-2006, 04:12 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
Well, thats your perogative. You would be missing out on a good tire and a damn good warranty with the Liberators. Thats one of the reasons I decided to stay with them, I dont like giving business to Wally World either, but for lifetime balancing and rotation, they are hard to beat. Not promoting Wally World or anything, just passing along my experiance.

Last edited by bigdaddyII; 02-09-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Johns9163
Senior User
If you find a good product that you, and everyone else recommends, and it gives you a good value for your dollar, sometimes you need to bite the bullet and purchase the product from the only source you can, even if it is from someone that you may not agree with or like.Wheeew...that was one heck of a run-on sentence......

I have experienced this personally, with a boat dealer. I purchased the boat three years ago, brand new(won't do that again either). The manufacturer only had this one dealer in South Florida so I had no choice but to buy the boat through that dealer. Though I was able to make the deal with the manufacturer, the actual deal had to go through this dealer. The dealer, who made money on the deal and had little to do, was a jerk, period, nothing good about him. He made promises that never happened, promised delivery which passed many days late, several times. When delivery time came, I wound up waiting at the dealer for over three hours because he still didn't have his stuff together ( I will keep my wording rated PG due to the forum). When I had an issue, I wouldn't even consider calling the guy, I went straight back to the manufacturer, who always took care of me in an instant. I just sold that boat, today in fact. It was one of the best boats I have ever owned.

So, do you see my point?? Sometimes, ya just gotta bite the big one and do what ya gotta do to get what ya want!

Old 02-11-2006, 04:49 PM
tinman67
Junior User
If I'm not mistaken you said that the liberator tire you were looking at was only available through Wal-Mart but if you find another tire that is available elsewhere and Wal-Mart has a better price some other retailers are willing to beat that price to get your buisiness. I just got a set of goodyear wrangler mt tires at a local tire store for $5 less than the Wally price when their original price was $25 more per tire.They also offer the same warranties and services as Wally did and that is important.

Last edited by tinman67; 02-11-2006 at 04:51 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 02-11-2006, 05:00 PM
B's FX4
Senior User
my buddy got those pathfinders for his jeep, says cooper makes em , thats what i heard