1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

ccv mod on 97 diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 10:27 PM
jcab
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ccv mod on 97 diesel

I did the ccv mod on my 97, and was wondering if running the bypass vent tube up and over the power steering unit, would be too much resistance for it to flow uphill, then drain out down out, down under the truck?? Also I bought a piece of abs pipe to which has a diamater of 3 1/2 on one end, and goes up to 4 inch on the other end. On my truck this is the way intake air boot is arranged.
Any ideas which improve this setup? Thanks Jeff

Old 01-15-2006, 01:47 PM
444dieselrod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
do you mean the brake booster, not the power steering unit???

I had mine on the '97 up and over the brake booster for a while so that any oil that collected would drain back into the engine, it eventualy started to leak at one of the hose clamps so I turned it back around.

http://community.webshots.com/album/344525237nQuMGc

Diesel Rod

Old 01-15-2006, 06:22 PM
jcab
Senior User
ccv route

My mistake, I meant brake booster. Yeah, I thought it would effect the flow, but after running the truck for a while I noticed an even flow of mist coming out. Glad to see that stuff isn't going through my turbo now. I cleaned up the engine while doing the fuel pump replacement, and did the ccv mod as well. Idles better, and smoother now. I also reversed the doghouse and ran a line exactly like yours, but over the brake booster. If it leaks I will have to run it down from the head. Thanks for the reply. Jeff

Originally Posted by 444dieselrod
do you mean the brake booster, not the power steering unit???

I had mine on the '97 up and over the brake booster for a while so that any oil that collected would drain back into the engine, it eventualy started to leak at one of the hose clamps so I turned it back around.

http://community.webshots.com/album/344525237nQuMGc

Diesel Rod

Old 01-16-2006, 01:12 AM
puffer
Senior User
when i did my ccv i ran the tube dwn the frame to the tranfercase brace and acroos to the exchaust then tapped it in the exchaust, so it come out the tail pipe i love it