You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
Please Submit Chapter Proposals For Local Events For FTE to Attend
<HR style="COLOR: #666666" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->FTE is not going to have a 2006 National Rally.
We did not meet our goal for the minimum number of pre-registrations. Larry will be sending all the payments back first thing next week.
Peggy, the crew and I have had a lot of difficult discussions about this the past 2-3 weeks. We think its best for everyone if the Kansas Chapter takes it show completely back into its own hands. Its been a success that way for them, and its the local groups that help make FTE a success. We will give our support to the local groups the following ways...
1. Bail out of the national rally while it still leaves the Kansas Chapter time to put on their regional show.
2. We absolutely would love to see the Kansas Chapter put on a great regional Kansas show and will attend it. We'll even bring goodies for the members, but we can't cover the costs of a show as we did with a National FTE show.
3. We're going to ask for the other chapters to submit to FTE their plans for a local event. It can be big, or small, doesn't matter. It just has to have firm commitment from the members, with a date/time so we can make plans to attend. We're going to attend at least 4 chapter events this year, and Kansas is a firm commitment if they have their show. NW Chapter is a close second (if you can organize something, we'll be there).
4. We will support the local events we attend with trophies if they have enough trucks for judging, t-shirts, bumper stickers, hat pins and other goodies.
5. Chapter events that put on events we are unable to attend will get some t-shirts and bumper stickers to give away.
6. We will give our support to chapter events, whether we attend or not, by promoting their events.
We'd like to see each chapter submit a proposal to us for their local event. The event can be as big or little as you like. The goal is to have a well organized event with firm attendance commitments this spring and summer. We'll pick 4 we can attend and the others we'll send goodies to.
<!-- / message --><!-- no sigs except when logged in --><!-- sig -->__________________
FTE Site Administrator
Support FTE by supporting its Sponsors!
Not enough pre-registrations. A lot of cash was laid out last year, and granted it was a success, but the only way to put on a big event is to ensure there will be a turn out for it.
I guess it just didn't look like it was going to be quite the national level deal that was being hoped for.
There were a few last year who came from half a continent away - northeast Canada, the NW chapter, and so on. But they were the exception, not the rule.
By far the majority of attendees were from Kansas. There were also competing events that weekend.
When you figure the air-fares and everything, it was a lot. I guess it's still a bit soon to think on nationwide terms. My thoughts are that there must be a better, less expensive way. And that points directly at local G2G's...
If you drop in and look at what all is going on in the Kansas chapter - the place is bubbling over with enthusiasm. I think that's a key factor there too.
I can't help but notice too, that they are organised. Kansas has a treasurer, and their chapter looks like it's making money. Whatever they are doing, it's working. So rather than a National rally, they are going to go ahead with their own Chapter Rally.
It sure was something to meet all the big names from FTE last year though. The Paynes are going to be at the Kansas Rally regardless.
How about we put on a show in Knoxville sometime in May, call it the Supernationals, and see how many show up?
Glenn in TN -- A peek at my used car lot!!
05 PT Cruiser Convertible (RV Toad -- behind Holiday Rambler MH)
11 Smart For2
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
54 F100 (sold! at least the MH has a Ford V10)
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.