1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender Trim??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 06:33 PM
marksbrat
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fender Trim??

Any body have any input on Fender Trim? I found a site that has stainless by "TFP" and "Putco" or chrome by "QMI".

Old 01-02-2006, 07:09 PM
50jd60
Senior User
Smile

Have the "stainless" on my 05, really sets it off, nice thing also is there is no drilling to put them on, bad thing is, if you ding one, you will have to buy all 4, brother in law just found out as he put a ding in one of his. My 05 is a DRW.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:28 PM
marksbrat
Junior User
oh, never thought about that!! what's your take on the chrome? I know that they say chrome rims have the chance of flaking, I wonder if the trim has the possibility to do the same? If my wheels are chrome should I stick with the chrome trim so the look is the same? (more shiney???)

Last edited by marksbrat; 01-02-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Originally Posted by marksbrat
Any body have any input on Fender Trim? I found a site that has stainless by "TFP" and "Putco" or chrome by "QMI".
I had the chrome fender trim on my 2002 (Toredor red) and it really set the truck off. I am not at home right now, but I believe I have a picture of it in my computer. Will check when I get home later this week and see if I can email it to you. I also believe a guy I work with might have a new set he didnt install on his superduty(bought a new F150) still in the box. Will also pm you with that info if interested.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:22 PM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
I have the TFP stainless.

No flaking or rusting......a no-brainer when you think about it.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:12 PM
marksbrat
Junior User
Originally Posted by Streetcruzer
I had the chrome fender trim on my 2002 (Toredor red) and it really set the truck off. I am not at home right now, but I believe I have a picture of it in my computer. Will check when I get home later this week and see if I can email it to you. I also believe a guy I work with might have a new set he didnt install on his superduty(bought a new F150) still in the box. Will also pm you with that info if interested.
mine's an '03 toredor red... I like how they look, just haven't gotten around to it yet. shoot me a pm about those if you can. how about the gas door cover??

Old 01-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
mine's an '03 toredor red... I like how they look, just haven't gotten around to it yet. shoot me a pm about those if you can. how about the gas door cover??
Will do! I purchased my fuel door cover from SDHQ. Go to this >>>SITE<<<< and bring up their online store, then go to appearance section and scroll down and should be a picture of it. The door has their logo on it and looks pretty cool on truck. Look at this file >>>HERE<<< and scroll down and there is a picture of the door on the truck. If you have time, their site has quite a few pictures of trucks they have done.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by Streetcruzer; 01-02-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:07 AM
marksbrat
Junior User
looks pretty good!!! how are they to install? (fuel door)

Old 01-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
looks pretty good!!! how are they to install? (fuel door)
Pretty Slick!! When you open your factory fuel door, you will notice 2 rubber nubbers and 2 screws that hold existing door on. Remove these 4 items and the new door screws into the holes they left behind. The kit comes with 4 special screws with a matched bit to install them, this keeps thieves from easily removing it!

Hope this helps,

Old 01-05-2006, 02:43 PM
50jd60
Senior User
My thought on the chrome are bad, live in snow, salt part of the country, any thing chrome here is bad, bad chrome job, bad cleaning before chroming the part, in fact a lot of people that have chrome rims take them off in the winter season for that reason, to much chance of going bad in the winter, just stay with stainless when and where ever you can.

did I say, salt, calicum, snow and anything else they can put on the roads for traction and to melt the ice, snow, and cinders the size of large Marbles, these work great on Windshields, works very well on Chrome also.

Old 01-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Originally Posted by 50jd60
My thought on the chrome are bad, live in snow, salt part of the country, any thing chrome here is bad, bad chrome job, bad cleaning before chroming the part, did I say, salt, calicum, snow and anything else they can put on the roads for traction and to melt the ice, snow, and cinders the size of large Marbles, these work great on Windshields, works very well on Chrome also.
Where we live that might be, but marksbrat lives in nevada, where the girls at the ranch will polish the chrome. (so i'm told)

Old 01-06-2006, 06:08 PM
marksbrat
Junior User
thanks guys for the input! My husband ordered a set for me for my b-day, not sure if they are chrome or stainless, do they look the same or are the chrome more shiney??? Have no snow in Vegas, so shouldn't have to worry about salt and stuff... I'll have to make sure if we take her up to the mountain they get polished as soon as we get home!!!

Old 01-07-2006, 12:16 PM
skipperw
Elder User
I have the TFP Fender Trim. Have them on for 3 years with no problems. Check out my gallery.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:27 PM
dwo
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have the QMI brand on my 1996 F-250, which I bought from JC Whitney. They are polished 304 stainless steel, so there's no chrome plating, at least not on these. You really can't go wrong with polished 304. I have pictures in my gallery.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:22 PM
marksbrat
Junior User
thanks guys, both trucks look great!!!
*skipperw, did you have to do any drilling with your TFP's I hear that they are supposed to be drill less, but a lot of people have actually had to drill them in. also, I noticed that you changed out your gas door, any suggestions? I was thinking about the AMI...

Quick Reply: Fender Trim??