Sponsored by: Moser

Rollalong 1979 owner's manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:46 PM
johnston199
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1972 Ford Rollalong

Hey my dad just bought a 1972 Ford Rollalong R.V. and i was wondering if you know a website where i can find to replace windows, panels and everything to know about this rollalong

Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 PM
KraZeDav
Junior User
Info on this beast is hard to find but if you have any specific issues you need help with Just ask. I don't spend a lot of time on this forum but the Mesages get forwared to my e-mail.
I would love to see a picture of it. I repaired a bunch of things on the one I have so I may be able to give some help. Just ask.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:09 PM
quixote
New User
OWNERS MANUAL 4 78-79 FORD ROLL-A-LONG

Hi ya'll did anyone ever get around to copying an owner's manual?
I could really, really use one. I bought my 1st Motor Home, and I have no
experience with them at all. I am going to take my daughter on a road trip
across country and would appreciate knowing the ins and outs of the Roll-a-Long.
Thank you

Old 02-26-2011, 11:21 AM
KraZeDav
Junior User
Sorry it's been awhile since your request.
No I haven't copied it. If you're still interested I will try to help out.
That will take some effort to copy it. I'd have to go dig it out.
I want something in return.
Post some picture of your Rollalong, inside and out. I would love to see it.
Also tell me a little about it. I'm curious.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 PM
philipjosse
New User
power

I have a 1973 Roll Along i just bought and am fixing up at first the power in the back half would not work and then all the power stoped is thier a Breaker switch i checked the fuses! Thanks so much Phil

Old 04-26-2011, 01:15 AM
KraZeDav
Junior User
Look under the kitchen sink.
Got any pictures? I'd love to see it.
open the the main switch panel there's fuses behind that.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Simon Nick
New User
Info

Hello,

I just bought a 1979 Roll a Long. I would also appreciate any info you have. Any other sites to look at.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:47 AM
KraZeDav
Junior User
Originally Posted by Simon Nick
Hello,

I just bought a 1979 Roll a Long. I would also appreciate any info you have. Any other sites to look at.

I would love to see some picture of your Rollalong. I have not had much luck finding any additional information on them. check my photo album, may find some more pictures there.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:58 PM
susiepostedup
New User
1974-75 RollAlong Camper

Hi there, I still haven't discovered how to post a pic of my Roll Along yet. I live in Long Beach where these beauties were made. Have a few questions. A "friend" borrowed my camper and after he was done with it I found that he had rewired a bunch of stuff in the cab. Do I take this to an RV place to fix or a Ford mechanic? Yeah, I'm a girl and I come with all the girl non-know how on how to do things mechanical. I want to keep my Roll Along. She took me to San Francisco twice and numerous beach campings. It's my third year and I want to go camping again. Tired of dealing with all the little things that need to be fixed and want to do as much as I can in the fixing. (Not some expensive $45 an hour technician). My Roll Along looks just like your picture.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:22 AM
74 F350 SCS
Elder User
Originally Posted by KraZeDav
I would love to see some picture of your Rollalong. I have not had much luck finding any additional information on them. check my photo album, may find some more pictures there.
I just checked out your photos of the Roll A Long and it is SWEEET! I really like those chassis mount RV's. Your's looks pretty clean and straight, both inside and outside. I recently looked at a 73 Ford chassis mount Mitchell motorhome, Ranger XLT with 390 and only 34K original miles but it had been sitting for about 13 years. It was sweet in many ways but needed a ton of work. I decided against it as there was some significant ceiling damage due to water leaks. It would have been sweet though. I love those Roll a Longs!

Old 11-29-2013, 01:20 PM
RadRollALong
New User
Hi Folks. Tyler, from Reno NV, here. I just signed on to this website today, so bear with me. Dec.10th I'm taking possesion of my 1975 Roll-A-Long. It's been a long, drawn-out thing, because the owner did not have the tittle. To make s short story, long, it's taking six weeks to get the clear title.

My R-A-L is on the F350 platform, with a 460 engine. It look exactly like KraZeDav's, inside, and out. Sorry, I don't have any pictures, at this time. But, as soon as I get it home, I'll take and post a bunch. I'm new to this "RV" thing, so I'm gonna have a "kazillion" questions. So, we will all learn together.

Is that OK with you?

So, here's the thing. This truck is CLEAN! And.....wait for it.....It's only has 8000 miles on it. Runs great. I could NOT test drive, because it was parked in, by a huge Class A Rv.

So, that's it. I hope I can help you, and you can help me. Wish me luck.

FaceBook me. Tyler G MacDuff

Old 12-26-2013, 02:28 PM
KraZeDav
Junior User
Originally Posted by RadRollALong
My R-A-L is on the F350 platform, with a 460 engine. It look exactly like KraZeDav's, inside, and out. Sorry, I don't have any pictures, at this time. But, as soon as I get it home, I'll take and post a bunch. I'm new to this "RV" thing, so I'm gonna have a "kazillion" questions. So, we will all learn together.
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your RV. I will be more than glad to answer any question you have. I have done a lot of repairs on mine. NO Generator in mine. Pulled the engine and replace the rear main seal. Replaced the steering gear box, I pulled the tranny and had it rebuilt.
unfortunately I'm going to try to sell it. I need something a little more capable of hauling my JEEP.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:31 PM
RadRollALong
New User
Hi. Tyler here. I just got my R-A-L.........I need some advice. I would like to speak with you, if possible. I'm in Reno NV. Please, if you can, Give me a call. I'm always near my phine. (775) 303-9963 Thanks again, Tyler

Old 03-15-2014, 01:42 PM
RadRollALong
New User
Anyone else who can help, it's on a 1975 F350 platform. Many questions. (775)303-9963....Please call as soon as convient.

Tyler
Reon NV

Old 08-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Endeavourniche
Freshman User
I have a 1979 Roll A Long on an E350 chassis. I have every manual, install instructions, receipts, etc from day one. Just returned from a 2,000 mile trip.
PS. They didn't come with an "owner's manual". Like all motorhomes they come with a manual and or installation manual for each individual system. Mine fill a 3 ring binder about 6 inches thick. I am 100% totally familiar with every inch of this motorhome. I have had to repair just about everything at one time or another. If you have questions I'll be happy to help.

I live in mine fulltime now.

KrazeDave all you had to do was replace the timing gear set and chain with one for a 429, add some headers and free flowing exhaust, and a mild cam and that 460 would sling a little Jeep around like nothing.
In stock form my 460 C6 A/T and a 4:33 rear had trouble pulling itself up a hill. Now I pull a 31 foot Sonic "Cigarette" boat with no problems at all.
Attachment 291368

Attachment 291369

Attachment 291370

Attachment 291371

Attachment 291372

I prefer vintage motorhomes vs new for various reasons but the main one is I can fix most anything that fails beside the road. With modern electronics that becomes very difficult to do.

Quick Reply: Rollalong 1979 owner's manual