For what it's worth - I suggest MARK as chapter leader

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For what it's worth - I suggest MARK as chapter leader

I may be offline for some time soon.

I have problems ganging up on me in real life.

This is my best suggestion, as he seems to be an excellent organiser, and I may soon lose my ISP

Old 11-01-2005, 09:30 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cheez Wolfie just as things are coming to life i do hope that things turn around quickly for you and that you are able return back here to reassume your duties, if you so wish

I do look forward reading your howling's and do hope that continue,they provide interesting food for thought, I do hope in your hunt for more lively game you will find that trophy buck.

But do stay in touch in which ever course you choose.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:42 AM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 93 Likes on 87 Posts
Dangit man, you can't go.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I can and I have to.

Mark - don't doubt yourself. I think you are the best, you are Tennessee.

I have big problems that will not wait. I have to deal with them first.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:05 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
I hate to see someone losing their internet connection, hope you hurry back.

Old 11-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
It ain't gone. But I sweat about this place too much.
That by itself is wrong.

I have to wonder if I care too much - like a mother hen that don't let go when she supposed to.

It would git up and boogie if the people in it would put some heart and soul in there...

I can't do that. If I did, it would be all about me and nuthin' else.

This chapter is about Y'all

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-06-2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:04 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are we gonna change chapter leaders? You are doing a great job Greywolf.Your not stepping down due to lack of enthusiasm from the members are you? I hope not. If you must step down I think Mark would make a good leader. I've known him for several yrs.He knows Ford trucks & he knows this state well & can plan meets. I hope things get better for you so you can stay leader. Is there anything I can do to help you? If there is just let me know. I'll do anything I can.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:32 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
I think he's fearing loss if internet Howard, I hope to see you staying on line.
If it's the slowness thathas you down, there's nothing that can be done about it, we are spread out, the best you can hope for is the small activity in certain areas, like the Memphis guys getting together and similar elsewhere. It is going to die down in the winter also, not many are interested in getting out in the cold.

Old 11-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I'm on a real tight, shoestring budget at the moment, and I just recently got a large bill in my inbasket. It's kind of eating at me - and slipping my clutches recently online was a warning to me that I need to get a grip and focus on what I'm thinking and doing.

At the moment I have managed to trade off a couple of fifty year old engines to someone with the cash to restore them in exchange for a thirty year old motorcycle that gets huge miles per gallon and was never even completely broken in before it was stored in the back of a garage.

Most of it is in remarkably good shape, but the electricals are not completely troubleshot and restored yet.

If this project works out as I think it will - I can afford to ride to a job farther away then the few possibilities that are in range of my 10 mpg pride and joy.

It may take until january to save enough for title, reg, insurance, and get licensed but it's the best hand I've got on the table right now.

Meanwhile - it needs lights all around, a new battery, air filter, I hope all the cables are good, and I need to sift through the options on the parts donor bike to optimise the whole deal...

Wish me luck, this is a heck of a lot like the old days. IE: The shopping list is pared down to beans, burger, and lightbulbs.

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-11-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:39 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
I can understand you buddy, look for the food bank in your area, swallow your pride man, I've had to do it. Is there anyone in your family that can help you, I rely on my parents a lot unfortunately? Can you hook up with someone in your free time to cut wood or other winter work to make extra cash?

There is help out there, it's just hard to find, keep prodding along, but seek some of it out to help yourself up.

Old 11-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I've got a long standing beef with outside assistance. Robt Heinlein was right - there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

I'm makin' it, even if there are skid marks on my back pockets at the end of the month.

Besides, if I pull this one off it will only attract people that need help badly with wiring and electrical stuff.

One error I made going in the door in this area was not building a rep for hard core electrical savvy from the outset. THAT is my strongest suite.

I can fix crap that nobody else can understand. It's true.

Case in point: After finding and re-soldering (not to mention weatherising) a pair of bad connections on the bottom of the Kawi's key switch, I traced out the other wires and cruddy connections. The headlight is working again after cannibalizing another headlight, and I got it aimed this evening.

Theory has it that the lack of a load from that light blew many of the other bulbs incircuit, but I bet somewhere along the line someone tried to jump it with a twelve volt source. It would explain why the headlight high and low beam were both burnt.

You don't do that to a six volt system...

I'm glad I have this to do. Part of my problem is that when I have nothing real to do my mind spins up faster than a WFO engine with no load on it.

At least I found one of my Kenny G albums, that should help...

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-13-2005 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:05 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
I found a 68 Dodge van that needs some of the wiring replaced, new engine, body looks good, it's only $00, but I haven't sold my vehicles to aquire the cash to buy it.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I got the rest of the bike troubleshot day before yesterday I think it was.
Got brakelights, got headlight, turn sigs are gonna be donated by a friend 'O mine.

I also sparked off a resume to a local enterprise that seemed real interested in my breed of technician... I may actually have a real job soon!

Old 11-17-2005, 06:57 PM
alabamabuddog
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gray are you working now? And what is it that you do do?

Old 11-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I'm a full blown old school electronics tech.
If it fried - I can find out why.

I can also retro-engineer to get completely around it, or get it working for the time being.

I solve puzzles in circuitry...

My mainstream over the last several years was in high power apps.

By the way - this is my new toy:

The electricals were stone dead when I got it, but it works from **** to tailights now!

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-18-2005 at 11:41 AM.

Quick Reply: For what it's worth - I suggest MARK as chapter leader