2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finding out my trucks computer code??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:13 PM
pur pony
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finding out my trucks computer code??

I have a 2004 F150 that needed a new engine. Was installed and never really thought about it. Went and ordered my Xcal chip using the existing computer code on the computer tag and once loaded the truck wont start. After looking closely at my paperwork it says my truck was reflashed.....

How do I go about getting the correct computer code. The dealer did not put a sticker on my truck with the new code and I have been back a time or two to the dealer trying to see if they have a record of what the code is or can tell me.. they just look at me playing dumb.... is there any way to get this computer code without the dealer hooking my truck upto their scanner and charging me for it????

help!

Old 10-17-2005, 08:57 PM
xtrm1stang
Senior User
is the theft light flashing?

Old 10-18-2005, 07:37 AM
pur pony
Junior User
um.. when? when the doors are locked it flashes

Old 10-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Quik Truk
Freshman User
Originally Posted by pur pony
I have a 2004 F150 that needed a new engine. Was installed and never really thought about it. Went and ordered my Xcal chip using the existing computer code on the computer tag and once loaded the truck wont start. After looking closely at my paperwork it says my truck was reflashed.....

How do I go about getting the correct computer code. The dealer did not put a sticker on my truck with the new code and I have been back a time or two to the dealer trying to see if they have a record of what the code is or can tell me.. they just look at me playing dumb.... is there any way to get this computer code without the dealer hooking my truck upto their scanner and charging me for it????

help!
Tell the dealer to stop playing dumb and give you the information on the reflash.
I am assuming the dealer you asked for the code is the one that installed the new engine? If so tell them you are going to contact the District Rep. for Ford in your area if they don't provide it for you. You could also demand that they reflash it again and install the proper nomenclature sticker on the vehicle as required...You have the right to have this information...They should NOT be able to charge you for this.......Be forceful....

Old 10-18-2005, 08:19 PM
xtrm1stang
Senior User
when trying to start the truck doe the theft light stay on constant of flash fast