"Sim paint"

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 01:13 PM
loveoldtrux
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Sim paint"

Long time no chat.....

I'm told by another expert that I need to use "Sim paint" and bulldog adhesive spray to paint a plastic console the color I want for my F-100. He said it is commercial paint; I can't find it anywhere online. Does anybody know were I can get this paint online?

Thanks,
Loveoldtrux

Old 12-02-2005, 08:37 PM
zanny
Senior User
I don't know about online buying. But, it sems not sims. Also bulldog is a good product. Both products should be readily available at your local auto paint supply storer.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:11 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Bronco Graveyard has interior "paints" which is more of a dye that "bites" into the plastic thus it doesn't chip off over time, like rustoleum would.

Though you can paint plastic interior pieces with rustoelum and similar paints if you use a primer specifically designed for automotive plastics. That's if you want a shiner, less stock looking color matched finish. If you want texture, then you probably want to use something like bronco graveyard has.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:41 AM
gt350h
Senior User
The store you went into probably didn't carry it. Its "SEM" paint and its a brand name, like "Rustoleum". It comes in spray cans and sounds just like the stuff Frederic said he gets from bronco graveyard. Their website is www.sem.ws and the product is under: category;flexible coatings;color coat;color coat aerosols. We sell them at our store and they work awesome. I've got seatbelts painted with the stuff in 2 of my vehicles and its never rubbed off on my clothes or faded at all. Hope that helps.

Old 12-05-2005, 02:26 PM
loveoldtrux
Senior User
Thanks everybody. You provided the answer as usual....
Stan....