Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

The Chapter Website!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Chapter Website!!

First off, I would like to introduce everyone to the new Chapter Webmaster, Tomcat7742. He was already doing an excellent job on the website before I invited him to the position, and continues to impress Mind you the website is still under construction, and will be for sometime, but I just couldn't wait to unveil whats been done so far. This is where I need everyone's help, to get part of it completed. I'd like to have everyone's galleries linked to somewhere on the website. Don't know if its going to be in the members list, or under a different menu If you don't have a gallery, I'd be greatfull if you could set one up. It doesn't have to have pictures, just looking for a little back ground and vehicle description. And eventually, you'll get your picture taken at a meet If you need help setting up a gallery, I or any member with a gallery should be able to help you Suggestions and ideas are always welcome and encouraged! Check it out:

http://virginiachapter.ford-trucks.net/

There could be a privacy issue. The "members" section lists contact, city and first names. If you want any one of the 3 or all three removed, PM me or Tomcat7742 and it will be removed ASAP. Still deciding on the necessity of contact links. . . Anonymity to a certain degree is respected

Last edited by Franken-Truck; 08-12-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Rexman
Senior User
oh wow. it looks fantastic guys. i can't wait till it's full operational..

Old 08-12-2005, 09:55 PM
ColonyPark
Senior User
I went through the motions to join quite a while back, but I don't see my name in the list of members. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks!

Old 08-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
No! Your on the official list of members who have joined I provided the list to Tomcat like. . .2 hours ago. The list you see there is the Roll Call. You'll be up there

Old 08-12-2005, 11:14 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great thus far. Don't forget the guys with the oldies. A picture of someone's restored 48-50 F1 would look nice on the home page. Too bad mine are unfinished or I'ds offer them up as candidates.

Old 08-13-2005, 01:46 AM
mulelady
Junior User
incorrect listing

I just checked the listing you have for me , mulelady, and somewhere along the line I was switched from my 2005 KR F-250 to a 2006 F-150 ??

Old 08-13-2005, 06:02 AM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lookin' sweet, man!

Old 08-13-2005, 06:22 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Looks Great!! And Yeah Some how I fell through the cracks also? and I do think too ya need an Oldie Ford in there too, so the whole spectrum is covered..Because some of us cant afford a new ford...LOL....

Russ

Old 08-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
I'll defenitly stick in some older stuff. What will probably happen is we'll set up a script so that the trucks at the top rotate everytime you reload the website. Just to make it fair, because there are so many different models. I didn't even get my model up there yet

Mulelady, that's in your FTE profile. You can change that by click on User CP up at the top message board menu. On the left it will say, edit profile, click on that and change your truck to the proper setting.

A lot of this website is going to be based around what "you" as members want on it. If there is a product that you love and want everyone to know about, let us know we'll list it under favorite products. If you know a local salvage yard, great local truck shop or a great local Ford dealership. Let us know, we will add them, that way we can get the word out to our members about these places.

Have you done any modifications to your truck? Take some pictures and write out a little story to it and we'll put it under modifications. If your working on any projects we can insert pictures and paragarphs there as well too. Keep in mind one thing, we can not really give advise when it comes to modifications of vehicle maintnance due to liability issues.

If you guys have any ideas let me know, I'm at home for atleast another couple of weeks because of my broken knee. So I have nothing but time on my hands when it comes to developing things.

You can either send me a PM on this message board or send me a message on AIM my screen name is RockCrushin150.

- Chris

Old 08-13-2005, 04:48 PM
oldRedTruck
Senior User
sweeet! very nice

Old 08-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Hmm, how about rotating Members rides across the top? Assuming we can eventually get enough good pictures of everyones trucks? Might be another reason to get everyone to try and setup a gallery

Old 08-13-2005, 05:36 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Well ya'll can look around my gallery if ya want..Dont use the Graph's that I have in there....LOL..It was for an FE 390 build, that has now changed to a 428CJ thats going in the Street/strip truck ...I'll be building the motor over this fall and winter for a spring install... I'll Post some new Graphs and charts for the Cobra engine Build and the parts I'am useing for anyone that might have an FE in there truck as I do..

And I think thats a GREAT Idea have rotating members trucks.. And I dont see a problem with giving guys suggestions on there rigs...We do all the time in the FE forum..Guys always want building tips... I'am sure if its a new truck? you dont want to tell anyone something that would void there warranty... But if someone is smart enough to make enough money and make Big Truck payments? then they should be smart enough to know when something will void there warranty... JMO!!

Russ

Old 08-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RapidRuss
I dont see a problem with giving guys suggestions on there rigs...We do all the time in the FE forum..
I completly understand what your saying but there is difference between the two. If someone breaks a part on their truck by taking advise on the FTE boards, Webmaster (FTE owner) can always say that he received the advise from other users and not FTE specifically. If we were to give the same advise as that person on the message board then they could blame FTE or more specifically the Virginia Chapter for posting the information. I have no problems giving out tips and ideas, just nothing where risk is involved on our part.

- Chris

Old 08-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
The website Member List is now updated the correctly reflect our membership.

- Chris

Old 08-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
Just to keep you all in the loop of whats going on. I have completed and uploaded the Chapter Officers page and their respective pages. I have also completed and uploaded the Detailing page under Favorite Products.

- Chris