Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RANCHO lift kit question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:24 PM
7fords
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you are into hard wheeling bds suspension is the way to go if you break something they replace it for as long as you own the truck

Old 07-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree bds is probably the best on the market right now.

Old 07-17-2005, 08:47 AM
chopperdr
New User
Why not just buy the whole thing from TC's? I paid $1200 for the complete system with six shocks. Their customer service is worth the little you would save to purchase online. Its a good thing to keep some money in the local economy.
Chopper

Old 07-17-2005, 10:47 AM
d_ballance
Junior User
i hear ya chopper, but in this day and age it's all about the mighty $$$

if i can save myself $300.00 buying it online then i look at it as that money could buy me 1 new tire

Old 07-17-2005, 02:23 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Kemicalburns
4wheelparts wholesales are bad. most if not all of there mechanics are not ASE Certified. I wouldnt even step thru there door.

The one here in San Antonio, Texas they are all ASE certified. But in my expirience certified means crap. I have no certifications for anything, and have worked next too people with that stuff and they no jack squat.
I am in the AC bussiness and have no schooling but have done it all of my life, and some of these guys who go too the school have no idea what the units should do in the real world.
Just my couple of cents.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:18 AM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
i hear ya, im in the computer field. i dont have a degree but been in the working force for close to 7yrs now and can handle stuff far better then most Grads. books cant teach real world enviorments thats for sure.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:14 PM
poffutt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to change the subject, but I have Rancho 4 " lift. I bought it that way. I have never driven any other Bronco. If I was to describ how my Bronco drives, I would compare it to a bob tail Uhaul truck. When it hits bumps it will splash your drink all over your face. I would love to soften the ride. Any Sugustions?

Old 07-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
i would try different shocks first. yours could be worn anyway. ive heard ranchos are kinda harsh anyway for hwy use. might look into some Bilstiens for example

Old 07-18-2005, 03:01 PM
poffutt
Elder User
Thanks Kemicalburns, the strange thing is....is when I bought the truck the Rancho Shocks were 10 years old and the rear quad fronts were both broke at the bottom. I had brand new Rancho shocks put on and it did not change the ride on little bit. I was so disapointed. The springs on this beast are unbelievable I can climb on my front bumper and jump up and down and maybe move the front down 2 inches. I'm not sure softer shocks would help. May be I should remove all four shocks and see how it rides.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
in that case the front coil springs could be shot. if the front shocks were broke i would suspect that the previous owner jumped the damn thing. the leaf packs tend to get softer over time. what ranchos did you have put on

Old 07-18-2005, 03:43 PM
poffutt
Elder User
Don't realy know what shocks they are. I just took it to the shop and told them I need new Rancho Shocks for this Rancho lift kit. It cost me about 250 with installment. But if my coil springs were shot. wouldn't the front sag. These springs don't feel shot the feel like they belong on a 350 diesel. You can see how the bronco sits in my gallory.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:32 PM
cjbronco
Tuned
I cant wait for the Dick Cepek extended radius arms to be avaiblable. My lh side stock radius arm is starting to show the 23yr of age it has. I WANT Cepek lift, but dont know if I can wait for the arms to be ready again. Might go with superlift? I like what I can get in a 6" from tough country, but Ive also heard nothing ever fits right the 1st time. A lot of grinding and modifying is needed with them

Old 07-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
cj, my procomp is a real nice setup and came with everything for about 1Grand shipped. BDS would be my only other choice personally just way more spendy

Old 07-19-2005, 11:36 AM
cjbronco
Tuned
The only thing about procomp, i notice that all 6" kits are listed for 84-96, and have a 82' isn't gonna work for me. Not that I could ever tell you difference, then only dif is from 80-81 i thought, but who knows. I just like everything you get with a cepek lift, and bds Im still waiting on a price for, but im sure its gonna be just way to much. I want a kit that utilizes new radius arms brackets, the thought about using the old ones jsut kinda scares me a lil

Old 07-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Kemicalburns
Hotshot
cj the procomp comes with everything new and i mean everything. and would fit your 82. go to www.4wheelcustoms.com chris will hook you up for sure

Quick Reply: RANCHO lift kit question