Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

visiting from oklahoma

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 05:15 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
visiting from oklahoma

hey everyone, im from the oklahoma chapter and happen to be in texas, i found a computer here at the best western in mineral wells so i figured id post up in your chapters forum just for the heck of it..i dont think ill have time to meet up with any of you guys since im only here till tomorrow for this family reunion....but maybe next time.....but i did come across a Ford owner while at the local walmart last night, he had his hood up on his 78 F-150 4x4 so i stopped to see if he needed help....he was scratching his head and couldnt figure out why his rig wouldnt start, after asking what all he did to remedy the problem i had him turn it over, it was turning real slow so i figured since he had a new battery and wires that it must be the starter, then on a hunch i thought that maybe his vacuum advance was stuck, so with a pair of rusted pliers he found in his truck i tapped the vacuum advance a few times, turned it over and it fired right up!!! needless to say he was very gratefull he didnt have to call a wrecker.....so i told him all about FTE and ya'lls chapter and he seemed pretty interested and said he would join up as soon as he could...i was pretty bummed when i found out i wouldnt have time to meet up with any of you, but at least i got to spread some oklahoma hospitality around while i was here!! ...BTW, if any of you Texas folk are going to the national meet in kansas feel free to post up in our chapter forum if you want to meet up with us and caravan there, if needed someone could park at my place in okc and ride with us if gas money is an issue..just a thought...well enough rambling from me, ya'll take care.......

Old 05-28-2005, 07:03 PM
79driver
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well crap, I'm just right down the road in Stephenville. Oh well, my truck is in the body shop right now so it wouldnt be any fun. Let us know the next time you come down.