Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

You guys are tough!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You guys are tough!

I had the pleasure of driving through your state last week and while rolling down I25 at 85 mph I saw an awesome sight. Somewhere around Pueblo, this truck pulls onto the interstate. I pull up to it to see that it's a F350 quad cab.........with a 10" lift. It was also pulling a @ 18' enclosed car trailer as tall as he was. I just smiled and stared at what I could as I drove past him.

I thought, "Ok, he'll do about 70." Nope, he ran that bad boy up to 85 mph before traffic blocked him.

I watched him in the rear view mirror for as long as I could. That was the biggest smile of the day for me. Man! That was cool!

Old 05-28-2005, 12:17 AM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan,
You're lucky! That stretch of I-25 is one of the most heavily patroled sections in the state! CSP has targeted I-25 between Pueblo and the Springs due to a high accident rate. If I remember correctly, it is a "no tolerance' policy too. They will ticket for any infraction, especially speeding and tailgating.

They also watch south of Pueblo to the NM state line, this due to a combination of accidents and what I suspect is the drug traffic coming up that route. I travel from Pueblo down to Colorado City every other Friday, and it is not unusual to see 4 or more CSP cars in that 22 mile stretch.

Old 05-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think my timing had a lot to do with it. I traveled out on 5/17/05 and didn't see any troopers (KS or CO). Drove around CO the 18, 19 and 20 with very little evidence of troopers or sheriffs. That all changed on the 21st and every time I spotted a trooper he had a car pulled over. I think I saw at least 7 or 8 from the trip down from Granby to Lakin, KS that day.

I was lucky.

Old 05-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With the mountains on the West side, we need plenty of guts to get around here.

Thanks for enjoying our sites and come back any time

--Mike

Old 06-09-2005, 10:48 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rikfish
Dan,
You're lucky! That stretch of I-25 is one of the most heavily patroled sections in the state! CSP has targeted I-25 between Pueblo and the Springs due to a high accident rate. If I remember correctly, it is a "no tolerance' policy too. They will ticket for any infraction, especially speeding and tailgating.

They also watch south of Pueblo to the NM state line, this due to a combination of accidents and what I suspect is the drug traffic coming up that route. I travel from Pueblo down to Colorado City every other Friday, and it is not unusual to see 4 or more CSP cars in that 22 mile stretch.
Yeah, those cops…. Mainly State Patrol…. It's not any worse that here IN the Springs where they actually park their motorcycles ON the sidewalk, blocking pedestrians, to HUNT people. I even called in to complain and the captain basically said that I am trying to start trouble and he sees nothing wrong with cops blocking the sidewalks. I said "but, they are blocking the sidewalk for people to walk through!" and he said, "blah blah blah, they'd move out of the way if you asked them to" and I'm thinking, that’s BULL. They shouldn't be there any way. If they want to patrol the streets they need to be visible, I have no problem with that.