Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Vacuum componet 78 F250

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Probably the closest diagram I could get is the 9-74J-RO diagram.

Want to see it ?

LQ

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...=77545&width=0

Last edited by Mil1ion; 05-22-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:58 PM
fasthauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I hate to say this 2stock because it is not legit. But since your state doesn't require smog checks on that truck why worry about it. I am not sure about your state but ours rerquire that you leave the smog equipment on and in working condition eventho the smog checks are no longer required. But since yours is already all screwed up the engine is being hindered. It is probably puking emissions like crazy out the exhaust. I would just simplify it and make sure the vapor canister is working, the PVC is working, The vacuum advance to the distributor is hooked up properly and keep the thing tuned up and timed properly. This would probably keep the emissions down as well as if all of that stuff was hooked up. I have had people tell me that their mileage is better when the EGR is operating properly, but I don't have any personal experience on that. Your only other alternative at this point is to take it to a good mechanic that knows this kind of a vehicle and put yourself at his mercy. Does anybody else out there have any suggestions?

Old 05-22-2005, 01:36 PM
2Stock
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wb6vvv
I hate to say this 2stock because it is not legit. But since your state doesn't require smog checks on that truck why worry about it. I am not sure about your state but ours rerquire that you leave the smog equipment on and in working condition eventho the smog checks are no longer required. But since yours is already all screwed up the engine is being hindered. It is probably puking emissions like crazy out the exhaust. I would just simplify it and make sure the vapor canister is working, the PVC is working, The vacuum advance to the distributor is hooked up properly and keep the thing tuned up and timed properly. This would probably keep the emissions down as well as if all of that stuff was hooked up. I have had people tell me that their mileage is better when the EGR is operating properly, but I don't have any personal experience on that. Your only other alternative at this point is to take it to a good mechanic that knows this kind of a vehicle and put yourself at his mercy. Does anybody else out there have any suggestions?

Thanks Gary,

Your point is well taken. The fact is that the engine is and has been running well even with the setup like it is. It has been treated with super care all of the time I have had it and it does not pollute. The problem is that, as I said before, it has trouble with a slightly rough idle when it has warmed up. It also has a problem shifting up out of 2nd after I have put it to the floor. I came here to find out how to correct the vacuum routing to correct those problems and that is all. I have maintained the vehicle since I bought it in 1981, changed the oil, everything it needed. So, again, all I want to do is to find the correct routing of the vacuum hoses on my application and correct any problems. If this is not possible, It would be fine with me if I just removed the parts that could be causing problems. I would need to know what has to be removed and what has to stay and where to route the vacuum lines on the part that is left.

Again thanks for the help.

Old 05-22-2005, 01:40 PM
2Stock
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mil1ion
Probably the closest diagram I could get is the 9-74J-RO diagram.

Want to see it ?

LQ

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...=77545&width=0
Thanks Million, I will try to put it to use.

Bill