2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost my DSB case

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 01:09 PM
bigplayrayr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost my DSB case

The board said I did not provide any complelling evidence that my "vibration concern was excessive" I did provide documentation that a transmission shop said the truck had a vibration between 45-55. I guess this wasn't enough.

Now I guess I will try to sell the truck and hopefully find a buyer who thinks the vibration isn't excessive.

Old 04-14-2005, 05:04 PM
WhëëlMå1
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im sorry to hear that. I just looked back through some of your past posts (some, not all). I see you did many things to correct this issue. Is the 45-55 the only problem with this truck? I did not see any mention of new tires. I had a slight vib at 60, and it turned out to be the tires (crappy P rated BFGs). The truck was fine every time else (except for a little bed bounce, from super stiff shocks and solid bolting to frame). I just got some LT Goodyears put on, and this things rides better than ever before. There is no more vibration anywhere in the spectrum. Its too bad you aren't in the New England area. Id let you try out my tires on your truck, and see if it helped .

Old 04-14-2005, 06:08 PM
bigplayrayr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My vibe starts at 45 and is the worst around 52 this dissapates above 55. I have had a new driveshaft, ring and pinion, dampener kit. They declared the tires ok after a road force balance. The last time I took in in they rebalanced the driveshaft and decalred it fixed, after having it a week and a half. The vibe has felt the same all along, I think they didn't know how to fix it, so they just said it was normal and called it a day. It's frustrating, but this is my 5th Ford F150, and the first to give me any real problem, so I guess I ahve been fortunate.

I give up, I will try to trade it in or sell it outright, depending if the buyer notices my vibe. But I guess I have documentation that says it 's in "spec" I t is a beautiful truck, so hopefully I can seel it soon and get a least what I owe out if it.

Thanks for the offer for the tire try out.