2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dealers service dept

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 03:26 PM
DRG3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealers service dept

I called my dealers service dept to set up an appointment on Friday to have that pad that causes corrosion removed, I also told them that I wanted the vibration between 47 and 58 mph checked, the rear-end clunk checked and that I got horrible gas mileage and acceleration. And that I feared it was dangerous when pulling out. He acted like I didn’t even mention the vibration and clunk and said if there was something wrong enough with the engine to harm acceleration and gas mileage the service engine light would come on.. I said “so then its normal to have bad acceleration and get 9-11 mpg.” He said “if something is wrong we’ll let you know, good-bye.” Any advice on how to handle the situation when I take it in thanks a lot

DRG3

Old 04-02-2005, 03:51 PM
transam396
Senior User
Yeah , hopefully u got the person's name that u talked to . when u get there ask for the service manager and if he's helpfull in taking care of you . then ask for the GM and then the owner if u still can't get anyone to care then find another dealership. the dealership that i deal with here in atl has always been extremely helpful and taken care of any problem that i have ever had. that kind of attiude is outrageous hopefully they will take care of you. let us know how everything turns out for you, oh and One las thing (not that it might do anygood but i would call or write to ford and let them know because alot of times how you are treated by a dealership affects how you feel about your vehicle

Last edited by transam396; 04-02-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:35 PM
toypuller
Senior User
When you bring in the truck give them the list of complaints in writing and request that the service ticket say exactly what you wrote. That way you'll have it in writing that they could not or would not fix it. It will at least get their attention.

Also, if this is your first warranty work it should generate a customer satisfaction survey. Feel free to drop a bomb in it and then mail a copy to the general manager and/or owner of the dealership.

Last edited by toypuller; 04-02-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Simmy150
Senior User
My truck was in to two different dealerships for a vibration issue on five different occassions. The first time that I received good service was when I asked them to print the vehicle's entire service history.

"Why do you need that?" the woman asked.

I said, "Because I'm engaging in a lemon law filing against Ford and your dealership."

Good service ever since.

Old 04-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Toreador
Elder User
The responses here by Toy and Simmy are some of the best I've seen on this forum and I read almost the whole thing. It's time to turn the tables on these weasel dealers (tho mine is top notch) and GET IT IN WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
If they do not seem cooperative, I would ask to speak to Henry Ford or his next of kin and be sure to get everything documented in detail.Good Luck!