Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Recommendations on Houston Line-X dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 10:58 AM
rhenriksen
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recommendations on Houston Line-X dealer?

I had the Richmond Ave location put a spray-in liner in a friend's truck; within weeks, it started peeling up. When I tried to take his truck back over there for warranty repair, it was a big hassle. I wasn't impressed with the attitude or professionalism of that operation.

Can someone in greater Houston give me a recommendation on a better Line-X dealer in the area? FWIW, I'm inside the loop.

thanks,

RNH

Old 03-29-2005, 04:03 PM
F150Texan
Posting Guru
Was it a new truck, was the bed sanded down first? Did they want to sand it down, and he said no way? Sanding it down is very important in the process.

I live on the North side and had mine done off 105 in Conroe, and am still very happy.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:08 PM
rhenriksen
Freshman User
Originally Posted by F150Texan
Was it a new truck, was the bed sanded down first? Did they want to sand it down, and he said no way? Sanding it down is very important in the process.

I live on the North side and had mine done off 105 in Conroe, and am still very happy.
I turned the truck over to Master Hitch, and they ferried it off to get the work done. So I had no involvement in decisions on surface prep. So... I would assume that they *would* have sanded it down. Having said that, a couple of the areas where patches of the lining were flaking off showed some pretty smooth underlying surfaces.

Thanks for the reference on the Conroe location; hope someone else will chime in with an additional alternative that's a little closer!

Old 12-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Fordication
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How much did they charge you for it in that one in Conroe. My area is charging 325 to 350 down here in lake jackson.