Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco: Big Bronco FAQs

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 04:31 AM
Fleet Bronco
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lot's of time and effort, expierence and research went into Big Bronco FAQ's.
Thank you very much, Duane AKA Fleet Bronco.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:35 PM
13thScorpion
New User
Awesome FAQs

THanks for putting this together!

Old 02-17-2006, 02:50 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey folks, just wanted to get the FAQ thread back in Bold Blue Letters again for those who have been here on the forum but may not have checked them out. This is NOT an attempt on my part to tout my own writings it is rather a reminder to the newcomers (of which I have seen quite a few of late.... Welcome to All) that a lot of the most commonly asked questions and typical concerns about your fullsize Bronco are at least addressed in this article. The real reason for having them up here is to help alleviate a lot of the additional webspace (bandwidth) consumed by the site and this forum with repeated questions and answers. Often you will have to wait for someone to respond to a new post. It could save you the time if you take a moment to check them out. Again, not blowin' my own horn just trying to help out the "freshmen" as it were.

There will be an addendum posted shortly (once I have WheelMa1 and the admin's blessing) regarding the rather complex process of deciding upon and adding a lift to the fullsize Bronco.

Last edited by greystreak92; 02-17-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:35 AM
speedofsound
New User
Im into my 2nd Bronco, #1 '79 351 w/headers and exhaust. Wished I knew about this site then!!! Lost about 5 starters due to heat from headers. lost the a/c too. #2 is '96 351 white on white (like the infamous OJmobile). Its a great site and great, knowledgeable people here...kudos to all of you for lending a helping hand.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:34 PM
led129
Junior User
after seeing all those problems in the faq im not sure i want to buy my uncles bronco...

Old 03-23-2006, 10:51 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
led129,

Don't let the FAQ's deter you from buying the vehicle. These are just a list of common questions that are regularly addressed here in this forum. Not every Bronco has ALL of these problems and certainly the Big Bronco and its F-series cousin are some of the most dependable servicable vehicles I, and many others, have EVER encountered. The FAQ's represent typical issues that people will turn to this forum to get the answers... particularly new Bronco owners and those who may not be as well versed in the inner workings of these trucks. The FAQ's are answers to common questions about these vehicles its true but there are many many other issues that come up as well. If you were to look at ANY of these forums and read for a while you could certainly find the same kinds of questions that frequently surface. Indeed by reading these forums at length the issues and coomon questions about ANY of the many Ford products discussed therein could be considered grounds for avoiding purchasing. This isn't the intent of the forums nor of the FAQ's. The intent is to bring to new owners/users and old alike real answers to questions about the real issues they sometimes must deal with. For example, the rear window/tailgate issues. The questions about it are frequent and often asked by many people in slightly different ways. The simple truth of the matter is that the tailgate and rear glass setup in the big Bronco is somewhat unique to the model and therefore this is one of the few places users can turn for real answers when and IF they have such issues to deal with. It does NOT mean that EVERY big Bronco out there is going to have a screwed up rear window or tailgate. It means that thsi is one of the few places that those of us who have dealt with such issues can impart our knowledge about how to go about fixing the problem. To make the assumption that you will have a problem with the rear window/tailgate just because you have read a lot about the problemsothers have had is a bit premature. I personally have had NO problems with the tailgate OR the rear window in my 93 other than a rust issue that I chose to repair. It was purely a cosmetic issue nothing more.

A lot of the advice given in the FAQ's is in refernece to improvements or modifications as well that are not necessary but many people would like information about vefore they embark on a project that they know little about. Remember too that the name of the site is Ford Truck Enthusiasts. That last word should be a dead giveaway. Many of us here have heard the same question about these trucks many times for the very reason that we are enthusiasts and discuss these things all the time. And as enthusiasts we would much rather make others aware and help them understand their turck as we do so that they can enjoy it as much as we do our own trucks.

Last edited by greystreak92; 03-23-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:27 PM
helirich
Posting Guru
Great info, One mistake-I had a 62' Scout And I dont know if it was the first year.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:51 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Yes, the Scout issue is a known discrepancy and when I get through all of the notes I have been compiling, it will be addressed. The same is noted earlier in the thread.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:21 PM
pinchefrank
New User
Hi everyone, today is my first day on this site...

Old 04-20-2006, 02:12 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
pinchefrank,

Welcome to FTE and the Big Bronco Forum.

To everyone else who may be concerned about it,

The International Harvester Scout was introduced to the genereal public on January 18, 1961 preceding Bronco production by five years.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Swamp Donkey
New User
Question proud new owner of a bronco

well first of my Name is Nate and i am a very proud owner of a 94xlt bronco i have always loved these trucks my father used to have one when i was younger and he always used to tell me it was gonna be mine once i turned 16 but we were forced to sell it to pay some bills it was a sad day to see that truck sold but as fate would have it i found one down here in florida as soon as i saw it on the car lot i knew it had to be mine so 4500$ later its sitting in my front yard and im in love its totally stock i think haven't really looked it over yet except the aftermarket stereo and 31's but i detailed the hell out of it so shes looking nice i really don't know anything about these truck except they don't make em like this anymore its solid well i actully have some ?'s so forgive me if u have had these ?'s b4 i just trying to learn about the bronco

ok first off u prolly gonna laugh when u hear this but how would i go about geting the top off i know there are bolts?(right) where are they located and what size? (also i have a black top that the sun has faded pretty good how could i bring back the luster?)

also is it common problem for the oil pan to leak (very little)

and there is absolutly no rust on this truck except the tailgate i know that common my ? is that the it's not rusted all the way through what culd i do to keep it from rusting any more

if any one can help me with these ?'s it would be great thank u very much

Old 04-26-2006, 06:02 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome Swamp Donkey to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

…..See you on the boards.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Streetgang
Elder User
"prolly"...??????

Old 04-27-2006, 11:49 AM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Um, Swamp Donkey.... try reading the FIRST post in this thread. The answers you seek are already there. You can get to the same place by following the red link in my signature.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Swamp Donkey
New User
thanx for the link i didn't find that when i looked the first time but that was some good info thanx again also i have a few ?s about aftermarket parts first off any one got any good sites for the bronco also i was looking into a bull bar from westin but the don't make anything for the bronco i was woundering if i could get one for a 97 f-150 and put it on my 94 bronco since they are kind of the same truck any info thanx

Quick Reply: 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco: Big Bronco FAQs